Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Unless you'd classify 'lightyears' as either a single promotion for us or relegation for them, both of which look a credible possibility over the next 2-3 seasons, if not this season.

I was talking more club infrastructure..

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
we did the double over Liverpool last season and finished in the top half of the best league in the world.

If you genuinely believe The Premier League is the best league in the world then are even more deluded than I thought it was possible to be.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
EH?????????? Bha stats since Amex Jcl's and free trains :D

2015 20 2 40 25.645 17 4 4
2014 6 2 26 27.283 14 5 1
2013 4 2 24 26.236 15 4 1
2012 10 2 30 20.028 26 5 3
2011 1 3 45 7.352 52 5 1 AMC
2010 13 3 57 6.467 56 4 1 AMC
2009 16 3 60 6.092 57 1 3 AMC SF
2008 7 3 51 5.937 60 3 1 AMC QF
2007 18 3 62 5.993 59 3 2 AMC QF
2006 24 2 44 6.802 52 3 1
2005 20 2 40 6.426 56 3 1
2004 4 3 48 6.248 61 1 2 AMC
2003 23 2 43 6.651 56 3 1
2002 1 3 45 6.598 55 3 2 AMC
2001 1 4 69 6.603 52 2 1 AMC
2000 11 4 79 5.733 60 2 1 AMC
1999 17 4 85 3.253 81 1 1 AMC
1998 23 4 91 2.329 86 1 1 AMC
1997 23 4 91 5.844 54 1 1 AMC
1996 23 3 67 5.448 56 2 1 AMC
1995 16 3 62 7.563 45 1 3 AMC
1994 14 3 60 7.730 45 1 2 AMC
1993 9 3 55 6.710 47 4 2 AMC
1992 23 2 45 8.002 39 4 2 FMC
1991 6 2 26 8.386 36 4 1 FMC

Thanks for proving he point. In the 5 years of owning a stadium at last, we have kept hugely impressive home attendances - the best in the league overall, still in the same league and long after the 'new stadium factor' wore off. Thanks :thumbsup; Ypur 10k increase thanks for the prem league however... :lol:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was talking about the only thing that actually matters: the team. It's unlikely that a single player from your team would make a fully fit matchday 18 at Palace.

I don't mind some of you lot being on here, but if you are at least try and have a serious debate rather than being a troll.

I doubt you know a huge amount about our players and see them on a regular basis to make that sort of comment, unlike some of our supporters who get to see you on Match of the day every week and live games on Sky.

From what I've seen I would say:
Stockdale and Hennessey are pretty level in terms of ability
Solly March is as good as Zaha was before going to Man Utd, but better at staying on his feet.
Kayal is as good as Joe Ledley
And Wilson is better than anything you have upfront at the moment, although not ours he is in our team, which was your statement.

LuaLua would probably be worthy of a place on the bench if he could stay fit long enough.

Oh and Hughton over Pardew any day of the week.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Unless you'd classify 'lightyears' as either a single promotion for us or relegation for them, both of which look a credible possibility over the next 2-3 seasons, if not this season.

Let's not pretend that simply being the same division counts as being on level terms. Unless you're happy saying that we're on a par with City or Arsenal. We've had three years to establish ourselves as a PL club. Our turnover has exceeded yours by hundreds of millions of pounds, we've built a fantastic squad with a great manager, and we've secured an enormous amount of foreign investment to improve our infrastructure.

Suggesting that Palace will get relegated this season is, obviously, laughable. We'd need some seriously shit luck over the course of a season to go down when you've got 31 points at Christmas. The bookies put the chances of that happening at about 150/1. Considering we're only likely to invest further in the playing staff and the facilities, I'd suggest we're likely to spend the forseeable future in the Premier League.

Let's not forget, up until about a month ago when Cabaye, Bolasie, Wickham, Gayle, Sako etc. all got injured, Palace were considered to be genuine contenders for a European spot. We haven't suddenly become shit, and we're still likely to finish in the top 10 barring a catastrophic run of injuries.

From what I've seen I would say:
Stockdale and Hennessey are pretty level in terms of ability
Solly March is as good as Zaha was before going to Man Utd, but better at staying on his feet.
Kayal is as good as Joe Ledley
And Wilson is better than anything you have upfront at the moment, although not ours he is in our team, which was your statement.

LuaLua would probably be worthy of a place on the bench if he could stay fit long enough.

Oh and Hughton over Pardew any day of the week.

1. No. Hennessey.
2. That is absolutely hilarious. I look forward to United signing Solly March for £15m in the near future. I cannot emphasise enough how much better Zaha is than Solly bloody March. Zaha, a full England international, will likely be going to Euro's in 2016. I'm not entirely sure that Mr. March will be joining him.
3. Kayal's a decent player, but Joe Ledley (who is still better) doesn't make it into a fully fit Palace side.
4. Wilson (who isn't even your player) is not better than Gayle or Wickham.
5. Lua Lua isn't fit to lace Bolasie/Zaha/Sako's boots.

As for Hughton over Pardew... :ffsparr:

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I see they had over 28,000 yesterday, I didn't think their hovel held that many?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
1. No. Hennessey.
2. That is absolutely hilarious. I look forward to United signing Solly March for £15m in the near future. I cannot emphasise enough how much better Zaha is than Solly bloody March. Zaha, a full England international, will likely be going to Euro's in 2016. I'm not entirely sure that Mr. March will be joining him.
3. Kayal's a decent player, but Joe Ledley (who is still better) doesn't make it into a fully fit Palace side.

As I said, your opinion, I disagree with all of the above, but then I would wouldn't I. We are both bound to see our players through rose tinted glasses and what you see in the likes of Gayle and Wickham is beyond me.

Please stop quoting £15m for Zaha, you never got anything near that, it was £10m, he played 4 games and you bought him back for £3m, Solly would likely have been subject to a similar value bid from the premier league this window if he hadn't have picked up a serious injury.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1. No. Hennessey.

Possibly the biggest load of one sided bollocks I've ever read on here - absolutely laughable...!

And know I doubt March will be going to the Euros either twatty :lol: Although he has as much chance as Zaha (and he's out injured until the Summer btw :thumbsup:

Let's not pretend that simply being the same division counts as being on level terms. Unless you're happy saying that we're on a par with City or Arsenal. We've had three years to establish ourselves as a PL club. Our turnover has exceeded yours by hundreds of millions of pounds, we've built a fantastic squad with a great manager, and we've secured an enormous amount of foreign investment to improve our infrastructure.

Suggesting that Palace will get relegated this season is, obviously, laughable. We'd need some seriously shit luck over the course of a season to go down when you've got 31 points at Christmas. The bookies put the chances of that happening at about 150/1. Considering we're only likely to invest further in the playing staff and the facilities, I'd suggest we're likely to spend the forseeable future in the Premier League.

Let's not forget, up until about a month ago when Cabaye, Bolasie, Wickham, Gayle, Sako etc. all got injured, Palace were considered to be genuine contenders for a European spot. We haven't suddenly become shit, and we're still likely to finish in the top 10 barring a catastrophic run of injuries.

1. No. Hennessey.

Full England international?

I do recall him coming on And falling over, but let's be honest here, he won't ever be considered again.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Yeah but at least they have that amazing 'rocking' atmosphere......

NIGEL:Anyone who turns up to Selhurst these days to sample our "famous atmosphere" must go away extremely underwhelmed. I'm bored of all the HF chants now. It's like listening to the same "Now that's what I call cringy" CD every week with differing volume levels which are mainly low. I think the atmosphere will always be fairly shit unless we move the away fans back in to the mix again.

.....er

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

1. No. Hennessey.

You forgot Steve Parish over Tony Bloom :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Bolton were far more established in the Premier League than Palace, as were Wigan, Fulham and Blackburn, and they ALL made it into Europe in that time. All it takes is one relegation; I predict yours will be in 16/17.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Attendance at Selhurst Park this afternoon: 24,867 (2,846 from @SpursOfficial). Thank you Spurs fans in the home ends for your incredible support.

— Crystal Palace FC [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]) January 23, 2016

Great to see some transparency at last from [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]. Fair play.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Suggesting palace will go down is never going to happen this season we know that but it's nice having a little dig ;-) you have 4 pretty straight forward fixtures coming up, lose the next 2 and the natives will be getting very restless I am sure though..... ;-)

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Zaha, a full England international, will likely be going to Euro's in 2016.

If you honestly believe that, then you're a bigger ****ing muppet than any of your posts suggest. The only way he's going to the Euro's is on holiday.

Oh, and 'Full International'?! 7 minutes in a friendly...bless.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If you honestly believe that, then you're a bigger ****ing muppet than any of your posts suggest. The only way he's going to the Euro's is on holiday.

Oh, and 'Full International'?! 7 minutes in a friendly...bless.

I'm sure his england career will be as fondly remembered as Geoff Thomas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here