Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Not sure about you but I don't actually go to football for any of those reasons.

Fair comment, but I don't go to football just for winning games or being in the premiership. Think you will find we are 'light years' in front of you for being a good local community club. It's not just about the team on the pitch, that is where we are miles apart in our support. My opinion, but not really bothered about the premiership, just want a good club to support in nice surroundings then I am happy bunny.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Where did selhurst get the extra few thousand seats from?
Must be an incorrect figure. Capacity is 26,309 (minus segregation area) and Palace haven't filled it for years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Since those American jokers have shown up on the board Palace's form has been relegation level. Adebayor will be good for this season but a disaster for 2016/17.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Weird, I'd honestly say it's completely the other way round...

Unless you'd classify 'lightyears' as either a single promotion for us or relegation for them, both of which look a credible possibility over the next 2-3 seasons, if not this season.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Firstly I totally agree with Paddy and Skybet that Palace will not go down and have done incredibly well, but like to take you up on how you are 'light years ahead of us' please explain as I believe apart from your wonderful team, think you slightly behind us on:
Stadium
Training ground
Amount of home fans
Community club
British owner with a love for the club
And
No drummer, ultras, plastic card displays, goal music.

Yeah apart from that Light years above us?

I was talking about the only thing that actually matters: the team. It's unlikely that a single player from your team would make a fully fit matchday 18 at Palace.

Your stadium is lovely, it really is. Unfortunately for you, you're watching average players producing average performances against average teams. I get to watch Yohan f*cking Cabaye. You can keep your padded seats; we did the double over Liverpool last season and finished in the top half of the best league in the world.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I was talking about the only thing that actually matters: the team. It's unlikely that a single player from your team would make a fully fit matchday 18 at Palace.

Your stadium is lovely, it really is. Unfortunately for you, you're watching average players producing average performances against average teams. I get to watch Yohan f*cking Cabaye. You can keep your padded seats; we did the double over Liverpool last season and finished in the top half of the best league in the world.
You utter utter prat.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Unless you'd classify 'lightyears' as either a single promotion for us or relegation for them, both of which look a credible possibility over the next 2-3 seasons, if not this season.
It seems like that is all 'lightyears' actually refers to.

Odd choice of word to be honest.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Newcastle fans got to watch Yohan f*cking Cabaye. Now look at them.

It's a funny old game isn't it. One moment you're up. Next you're down. That's about the only truism in football for all of us.

I've no doubt you'll see the Championship again before long. Not yet, but it'll happen, as sure as night follows day.

PS: our padded seats are really lovely, and the football's enjoyable as well.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Think that comment just about sums you and your club up. Think we have a bit more about us as a community football club, best of luck to you and you have just proven what we all know, you will only go when you are doing well as your very sad history stats suggest.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here