Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
There's a world of difference. Simster and Little Al were talking about attendances with no particular malice when Little Al decided to be an arse hat.

The infamous Jamie posted these beauties:

To which Bozza told him

And Jamie's very next post was

and when the fun started he posted

So...nope. Nothing at all like Jamie either in the provocation, the warning, the subsequent reactions.

Fair enough. It does look pretty abusive considering he was a teenager at the time. Hopefully you guys have taught him a lesson.

You don't need to be registered to look at the BBS. ???

Yes you do.

This is what you see after reading more than 20 (?) posts.

vBulletin Message
Hey there!

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts you can view, but wait, there's a simple solution. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My life is all the better for it now too when I think about it.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do believe they have closed the gap to nine points this week. It's still on! #Believe :)

I want to believe, as somebody once memorably said.

However, regrettably, that nine point gap is huge when you look at the immense ladder of mediocrity stacked up beneath them. It's not just one team that needs to go on a great run to catch them. It's loads. They're going to be saved from Pardew's traditional second season failure by their early season lucky streak. Damn them.

This is (was) a thread about the potential for Crystal Palace to get relegated. In the absence of an away end on NSC, Palace fans are normally allowed to contribute to threads about Palace (or anything really) so long as they're not fishing/trolling/ being spanners. In my view, little al has crossed one or more of these thresholds, so he's left the thread. I'm sure the BBS will fill the aching gap in his life until he finds another thread to contribute to.

Now: please continue to discuss Crystal Palace's recent misfortunes without him :thumbsup:

Not sure he said anything bad enough to get a Ban for to be fair to him.

I was quite enjoying see him make a fool of himself.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

However, regrettably, that nine point gap is huge when you look at the immense ladder of mediocrity stacked up beneath them. It's not just one team that needs to go on a great run to catch them. It's loads. They're going to be saved from Pardew's traditional second season failure by their early season lucky streak. Damn them.

One point at a time. No need to rush.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

We can hope though, that this awful 2nd half of the season will lead to the likes of Cabaye, Bolasie and Dann realising their football careers (and life in general), would be so much sweeter if they plied their football trades elsewhere...... like China... or Iran....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I did start the thread thinking 'better get in quick, esp as they'll certainly not be any of them about tonight'.

So the fact that it's still chugging on and after all these weeks all 'they' have is lying about attendance figures, something must be going well!

It's just a shame Norwich now seem to be throwing themselves at the Championship.
Every time they look to drop down a couple of places the fixture list comes to their rescue.

If they win on Saturday the game is up and this thread will be full of the previously silent 'never in doubt' brigade.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thought little al disappeared ages ago what is that bellend doing back on here.

Really do need an away end just for the Nigel's.

Have no problem with other fans from other clubs coming on here but these Nigel twats are just tedious bores going over the same sh*t over and over again then reporting back to the other tossers on bbs

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We can hope though, that this awful 2nd half of the season will lead to the likes of Cabaye, Bolasie and Dann realising their football careers (and life in general), would be so much sweeter if they plied their football trades elsewhere...... like China... or Iran....

On the pitch, I can understand that, though I'm sure £75,000 per week or so sweetens the deal.

Off it, less so, as I'd be willing to bet that not a single member of the Crystal Palace squad actually lives in Croydon. They'll all live in rural Surrey, or have vastly expensive apartments overlooking the Thames somewhere in a nice part of London.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thought little al disappeared ages ago what is that bellend doing back on here.

Really do need an away end just for the Nigel's.

Have no problem with other fans from other clubs coming on here but these Nigel twats are just tedious bores going over the same sh*t over and over again then reporting back to the other tossers on bbs

Its good for traffic....

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
On the pitch, I can understand that, though I'm sure £75,000 per week or so sweetens the deal.

Off it, less so, as I'd be willing to bet that not a single member of the Crystal Palace squad actually lives in Croydon. They'll all live in rural Surrey, or have vastly expensive apartments overlooking the Thames somewhere in a nice part of London.

Probably not in Croydon itself, but certainly in the borough. Some very nice areas actually.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Doesn't Croydon overlook the Thames, like the rest of London?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ive no doubt our away following isnt up there numbers wise, we probably travel twice as far as most fans though to get to away fixtures.. it makes a hell of a difference
He's also comparing it with our home attendance, so because we've had one of the best home attendance records in the league over the last few years, of course the ratio will suffer. It's a meaningless ratio and a little embarrassing he's having to use that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What a meaningless statistic.

We took our max allocation to Fulham so at our most local game we could not have exceeded about 16% as a proportion. To get a similar proportion Rotherham would only have to take about 1400 to Sheffield, Leeds and Huddersfield.
Exactly :facepalm:

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Let’s say we had 30k for a home game and, on the same day, Palace were at home and had a gate of 15k. Let’s say also that we took 3k to our next away game, at, say, Fulham, and that Palace’s next away game was also at Fulham and they took 2k. Palace’s ratio of away support to home support would be better than ours, even though both their home and away attendances were significantly lower than ours.

Ergo the statistic is meaningless and Palace fans are clutching at straws when making an issue of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here