Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion eager to keep Ridgewell for longer [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION are trying to stretch Liam Ridgewell’s loan to ease their left-back crisis.
Ridgewell is due to team back up with Portland Timbers following Bolton’s visit to the Amex in mid-February.
The Seagulls have five more matches after that before the MLS season starts on March 6.

Gaetan Bong and Liam Rosenior are still out injured and, in the absence of a precise timescale for their return to peak match fitness, Albion are keen to keep hold of Ridgewell for as long as possible.
The former West Brom defender said: “I know there is a discussion between the two clubs whether to extend it but the MLS starts back in early March. There is a little bit of wriggle room but there are pre-season games for the Timbers and they will like me back for them.
“The more games I play the better I feel, so there is a little bit of a tug of war. I’m sure we’ll come to some agreement shortly.”
Ridgewell makes his home debut against Huddersfield tomorrow after featuring at Hull in the FA Cup and against Rotherham and Blackburn.
Boss Chris Hughton told The Argus: “He has certainly brought us a wealth of experience. We have to abide by the situation. In any way we could extend it for whatever, a further week or so, we’d be delighted to be able to do that, but I certainly can’t speak out of turn when he’s not our player.
“We have to respect everything his parent club want but we’ll see over this period. He has certainly fitted in very well.”
Albion will make late decisions on the availability of Gordon Greer (hamstring) and Sam Baldock (groin) for Huddersfield’s visit.
Kazenga LuaLua, who has made two substitute appearances after four months out with groin damage, is expected to play some part in the match ahead of another run-out in the under-21s against West Brom at Crawley on Monday evening (7pm).

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here