Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Huddersfield guest pie: Chicken Jalfrezi

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No Jalfrezi in any kiosk I tried in WSU.

I guess the 1 jalfrezi pie that sodexo stocked had already been sold :(

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was looking for this.
Got into WSU nice and early and they were well stocked. Ordered, starting eat and turns out I had a steak and blue cheese instead. It was decent but couldn't stop thinking about Jalfrezi pie for the whole game :-(

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
not had a pie for over a season.... decided i would today... chicken in swc was chicken and gammon i was told... what filling there was was v nice, but def not bursting.. however i can see why people complain about the crusts ... like eating cardboard... did notice family in front return with pies and they had removed the edge crusts of all too..... def wont be bothering again.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I was offered one after the games had started but didn't know what it was so declined,
I know what Chicken is, but what is done to it to make it a "Jalfrezi" ???

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I will have to beat Oaf to the counter, he is a big fan still...

I would love to see you and Oaf have a race...Absolutely love it!!!

As for the pie it was delicious. My only gripe and this is with the pies in general is that they seem flatter than when we had them in the first couple of seasons, so they are not as big...Which is a shame...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Yoda

English & European
I was offered one after the games had started but didn't know what it was so declined,
I know what Chicken is, but what is done to it to make it a "Jalfrezi" ???

Usually, the spices are equal quantities of Fresh Garlic, Fresh Ginger, Chilli powder, Cumin, Coriander, Turmeric and Garam Masala.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's all about the pastry on those pantry pies. Delicious and perfect for soaking up the beer. Did enjoy the Jalfrezi filling but as always half of it seems to spill out into the bag.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Double disappointment here. I like curry and I like pie so the idea of the two together was a match made in HEAVEN, Sadly, my wife made piri piri chicken wings at arse-ripping heat volume for lunch thus negating my need for a spicy pie or indeed a tongue. Then, afterwards [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] was found being led round the WSL concourse, following a man who had a Can of Death on one string and a Pukka Pie "beaks, arses and nails" special on another.

Bad show all round,

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't decide whether you enjoyed the guest pie beyond your wildest expectations Timmy or whether you've left the monkey in charge of the keyboard again.

Well literally, appears he was so impressed he doesn't feel able to tell the truth about it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had the steak and blue cheese pie which was available in WSU. Bloody lovely it was too.

I didn't even know that Steak and Blue Cheese was an option, sounds amazing though. I had a Chicken, Ham and Leek in the WSL, a tried and tested recipe which I really love.

Have to say that l have never had a problem with Piglet's ever.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well literally, appears he was so impressed he doesn't feel able to tell the truth about it.
Which means therefore he wasn't impressed, which means he was honest, which means he did like it, which means he was dishonest etc. etc. to infinity.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here