Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Huddersfield guest pie: Chicken Jalfrezi

With all due respect m'lud, look on it as Allah's punishment for you ordering such an abomination as a 'fish finger sandwich'. Does it come with an 'avocado dip' perchance? ???
I certainly wouldn't touch a fish finger sandwich myself but, from time to time, I have to adopt certain 'lifestyle choices' in order to keep Lady B happy. Tea is another commodity I find myself paying for, even though I never drink the stuff.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I certainly wouldn't touch a fish finger sandwich myself but, from time to time, I have to adopt certain 'lifestyle choices' in order to keep Lady B happy. Tea is another commodity I find myself paying for, even though I never drink the stuff.

In which case my respect is redoubled m'lud :bowdown: :bowdown:

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I'd like to see a return of the sausage and cheese roll they had in December. That was magic!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Arguably the Best Pie Ever in the history of the Amex. Proper jalfrezi(ish) heat to the thing, chock full of chicken and none of that traditional molten lava gravy that scalds the fingers and burns through several layers of protective clothing. 9/10.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Arguably the Best Pie Ever in the history of the Amex. Proper jalfrezi(ish) heat to the thing, chock full of chicken and none of that traditional molten lava gravy that scalds the fingers and burns through several layers of protective clothing. 9/10.

I couldn't agree more. Absolutely delicious and miraculously slightly cooler than piglets standard 'molten core of the sun in August' temperature.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Very well described. It was absolutely delicious. I thought the balti was quite good, but this was different class.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Agreed

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013

Another one here in agreement

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sold out where I went in the WSU.

Weren't even advertised in WSU central kiosk. I did have a steak pie and I have to ask how much sugar they pile into it? Tasted like a steak pudding, just missing the custard. 1/10 because I was hungry.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Do you have a problem with Brighton supporters sitting to your right? Very strange.

Used to, at the Goldstone, with that massive mural in the West Stand that depicted a set of silent non-supporting supporters. Hated that.

At the Amex, I just feel sorry for the huge numbers of decent fans that are being denied the opportunity to sample the guest pies, or even sometimes buy a simple pint of Harvey's due to the rubbish catering logistics.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Used to, at the Goldstone, with that massive mural in the West Stand that depicted a set of silent non-supporting supporters. Hated that.

At the Amex, I just feel sorry for the huge numbers of decent fans that are being denied the opportunity to sample the guest pies, or even sometimes buy a simple pint of Harvey's due to the rubbish catering logistics.

Apart from these ghost pies that I didn't see on sale today, generally the WSU is very well catered for and I never remember a time (except maybe the calamity of the first season's caterers) where the ale drinkers were a bit short on a pint of Harveys? Am I missing something?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apart from these ghost pies that I didn't see on sale today, generally the WSU is very well catered for and I never remember a time (except maybe the calamity of the first season's caterers) where the ale drinkers were a bit short on a pint of Harveys? Am I missing something?

It would seem so :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here