• Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Obviously I'm an in; I love Europe and being part of it. I appreciate its not perfect but then an independent UK wouldn't be. All things considered I really do think the UK is better off being part of, and playing a big role in, the future of Europe. Get right inside the EU and really make it work, instead of bleating from the side-lines. Either this or **** right off and leave it totally alone and don't whine if the EU looks after its own first and foremost.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In. But I expect my government to ENGAGE. Ever since we joined we haven't bothered to be influential. Its exactly the same with uefa and fifa - the FA contingent have historically not bothered to put up candidates for office or gone to meetings etc. We can't be in the EU and disengage politically.

Not going to give my reasons for 'in' (and my enthusiasm is not great tbh). But I'll comment that the outers who cite the fact that every day in every way England is getting shitter and shitter need to cast their minds back to the crap diet, nasty clothes and general stupidity of thought word and deed that pervaded here, in the past. The 1970s, for example. I am NOT saying hat being in the EU has made life what it is, but it has not made things worse because, stated simply, things are not worse. . . . . . .

And we don't need to leave to control immigration (if that's your issue). The fact is neither labour or tory are remotely interested in doing anything about immigration, and weasel words aside, have done nothing about it, not even count the numbers properly. Leaving the EU will no more control immigration than it will cure your piles, or make you lose weight and appear more attractive to Katie Price. Having a government that is interested in tackling an issue is the only way to get an issue addressed.

The results of the NSC poll appear to suggest the majority agree - not that being in a majority makes anyobe right. The reality is we'd probably muddle through fine out of the EU, give or take the few hundred thousand who lose their jobs. But what does that matter? Thatcher put 4 MILLION out of work and people still LOVE her - probably 'a majority' :lolol:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Out... it's a bit like FIFA. Corrupt organisation creating a gravy train for those meant to be helping it's lowest members. Neither will solve their problems without first collapsing - fiddling around the edges won't work.
The rebuild can only start when someone (UK/UEFA?) Leave and expose it for what it is... a house of cards.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The UK's car manufacturing sector hit a ten year high last year with sales in Europe up by 11%. Our membership of the EU was vital to this increase.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35368047

So we would not be able export to the EU if we pulled out? That's fanciful, Mercedes won't be driving their cars off the ships to the UK, one of the biggest new car markets in the EU.

As for membership though, hasn't worked out well for the thousands of Ford workers (including those in Southampton) that were laid off as manufacturing moved to Turkey.

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2012/11/05/osborne-in-row-over-80m-loan-to-turkish-transit-maker/

This move helped with money from the EU.

Disgusting and unjustifiable..........

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Out, mainly so we can control our borders and our employment laws again.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We don't need to leave to control immigration (if that's your issue). The fact is neither labour or tory are remotely interested in doing anything about immigration, and weasel words aside, have done nothing about it, not even count the numbers properly. Leaving the EU will no more control immigration than it will cure your piles.

I am undecided yet voted out, just shows you how stupid I and these poles are....

On the issue of immigration I have wondered what would actually happen if we did leave the Eu....

I have a terrible fear that the moment we do, The french police and other authorities would abandon Calais leaving the potential risk of the migrants free to get across the channel anyway they wish... With the French just sticking the middle finger up at us saying " votre problème maintenant rôti de boeuf "

That would lead to a melt down in this country and a definite rise in right wing activities be they far right or UKIP, and would bring the government crashing down in a backlash.

Or I could be wrong.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I love seeing posts from people that do not live here "denigrate" the views of those that have a view who do live here.

I have not denigrated your view.
You have announced that if the vote is for 'IN' its because the majority of voters are 'sheeple'. I love your patriotism for your country.
As ive also repeatedly stated to you, I willl be returning to the UK.
Keep slagging off the countries population. It suits your mind-set.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Irrelevant seeing as we can't qualify this season.

Best to concentrate on one step at a time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So we would not be able export to the EU if we pulled out? That's fanciful, Mercedes won't be driving their cars off the ships to the UK, one of the biggest new car markets in the EU.

As for membership though, hasn't worked out well for the thousands of Ford workers (including those in Southampton) that were laid off as manufacturing moved to Turkey.

http://cars.aol.co.uk/2012/11/05/osborne-in-row-over-80m-loan-to-turkish-transit-maker/

This move helped with money from the EU.

Disgusting and unjustifiable..........

So the best you can do to counter an article about our manufacturing increasing to the best it's been for 10 years LAST YEAR is to dig up an obscure loan to Turkey from 2012?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I have not denigrated your view.
You have announced that if the vote is for 'IN' its because the majority of voters are 'sheeple'. I love your patriotism for your country.
As ive also repeatedly stated to you, I willl be returning to the UK.
Keep slagging off the countries population. It suits your mind-set.

Fair enough. My guess is that you can have a choice whether you return, you can see how the country is doing, it may/may not be beneficial. In the meantime whether the decision is in or out, it is us that live and work here that will suffer the consequences.
I am not slagging off "the countries population", my opinion is that a lot of people will follow the scare tactics that the IN campaign will peddle.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fair enough. My guess is that you can have a choice whether you return, you can see how the country is doing, it may/may not be beneficial. In the meantime whether the decision is in or out, it is us that live and work here that will suffer the consequences.
I am not slagging off "the countries population", my opinion is that a lot of people will follow the scare tactics that the IN campaign will peddle.

I see how the country is, quite often. Im living in Europe and travel there regularly. Im not in Amazonia.
I would say calling the countries population as 'sheeple' if the vote is in, is denigrating the countries population.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Whereas the Out campaign will no doubt be fair, factual, objective, promoted and supported by people with reasoned, open minds, with no recourse to scare tactics or jingoism right!? :lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Obviously I'm an in; I love Europe and being part of it. I appreciate its not perfect but then an independent UK wouldn't be. All things considered I really do think the UK is better off being part of, and playing a big role in, the future of Europe. Get right inside the EU and really make it work, instead of bleating from the side-lines. Either this or **** right off and leave it totally alone and don't whine if the EU looks after its own first and foremost.

Out, for me.

Make it work, what exactly does that mean, bleating from the sidelines ???

Europe doesnt represent my political view, the Euro is a debacle, nearly all current Europhiles were also for the Euro trotting out the same scaremongering if we didnt join up now conveniently ignored, Germany's original policy on an open door policy for immigrants will blight the continent for a generation quite simply the most mindless decision in my lifetime. Its a gravy train running out of control, I dont want political union, I want to trade with them as they do with us and we can agree on common principles without subscribing to policies that dont benefit us whilst contributing £Billions per year.

I too love Europe, I have both lived and worked there and continue to travel there quite regularly, I recognise that each nationality is distinctly different, I like that, it didnt surprise me that the Greeks didnt share Germany's work ethic, and similarly that the Spanish sleep too much during the day and that the Italians like a back hander, thats the point really we are all a little bit incompatible and no amount of sloshing British taxpayers money to Brussels will change that.

The UK should back ourselves as a dynamic, competitive and progressive country, Europe is a bit of a dog at present.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I see how the country is, quite often. Im living in Europe and travel there regularly. Im not in Amazonia.
I would say calling the countries population as 'sheeple' if the vote is in, is denigrating the countries population.

Fair enough, although as you know my view hardly takes in the WHOLE of the countries population. My guess as you have stated is that you might retire in the UK, for now it is an important time for those of us that live and work here, i hardly think that the decision will affect you in Czech.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here