• Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So by default, our elected Prime Minister is out of kilter with the EU, thats the problem really it kind of invalidates our democracy.

I'm not quite following your point I'm afraid.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That corruption is therefore by countries who are members of the EU and not by the EU itself. That would happen whether or not the EU existed, and indeed exists in countries that have never been members.

By the way, I'm not stating as fact that there is no corruption within the corridors of power within the EU, but that there's very little evidence to back up such an assertion.

What is the EU if not a collection of member states? I think it would be extremely naive to suggest any widespread corruption in member states does not permeate through to the EU institutions as they send their politicians and officials to work there. Considering the vasts amount of subsidies and funding available for allocation combined with the usually B team or retiring gravy train appointments made by countries to fill their EU officials quotas I would guess corruption is widespread.

As you say little hard evidence though.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As Groucho Marx said "I wouldnt want to be part of any club that would want ME as a member" Why are the rest of the EU so desperate to keep us in? so desperate that they would have given us just about anything to rermain? its the only question you need toask. and the answer isnt that they like the way we wear our hats.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm not quite following your point I'm afraid.

Your position is that you see the EU as your political representation if the elected government of the UK doesnt fit your own political view, thats hardly a point of principle or even offers examples of good governance within the EU, it seems you are willing to see the current elected government and its electorate to be continually undermined.

Jan 30, 2008
Lucid arguments on here.!?!?!?

No, seriously.... Dave said he was going to negotiate for a better deal. He set off with a pitiful wish list and appears not even to have got half of it.

Is that it Dave?

Boris on LBC this morning said what we need is ability to say "No" ourselves when we don't like a law, not to need to find 15 other countries to agree with us.

So sorry but I'm out

no need to be sorry, seems a sensible move on your part
regards
DR

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As Groucho Marx said "I wouldnt want to be part of any club that would want ME as a member" Why are the rest of the EU so desperate to keep us in? so desperate that they would have given us just about anything to rermain? its the only question you need toask. and the answer isnt that they like the way we wear our hats.

They like the way they take our money more like

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I'm pro Europe but the more I listen to Cameron talking rubbish, patronising the general public, and telling us we should stay in because of the half-arsed negotiations he's involved in, I'm feeling inspired to vote 'Out' just because Cam says to vote In.

Maybe that's what he wants me to think though- his grand plan to get us out of the EU is to put himself at the forefront of the 'In' campaign..

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm pro Europe but the more I listen to Cameron talking rubbish, patronising the general public, and telling us we should stay in because of the half-arsed negotiations he's involved in, I'm feeling inspired to vote 'Out' just because Cam says to vote In.

Maybe that's what he wants me to think though- his grand plan to get us out of the EU is to put himself at the forefront of the 'In' campaign..

Veteran Bernard Jenkins called Cameron's rhetoric 'Male Bovine Excrement'. :D

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

It always amuses me how typically pro EU supporters use the analogy of a club to describe membership of the EU.

It's absolutely not a club, if it was all members would pay the same fee, and receive the same benefit. This is not how it works though, as the current arrangement means the UK pays more to be a "member" than most other "members".

It is what it was originally designed to be, and that is a supranational government than reduces sovereign states to nothing more that quasi federal regions subject to the laws of the supra national institutions, the most powerful of which is not elected by the people.

The richer regions give more money to the supra national government to benefit the poorer regions, just like the south east of England does to the North East of England.

If the politicians were honest they would explain it plainly, they don't though, much better to describe it as a club, that creates the impression of something docile and which has inherent equality.

Club my arse.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the knifes are out already
bye dave :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm pro Europe but the more I listen to Cameron talking rubbish, patronising the general public, and telling us we should stay in because of the half-arsed negotiations he's involved in, I'm feeling inspired to vote 'Out' just because Cam says to vote In
Happy to welcome you to the 'Out' camp any time! The more people listen to dodgy Dave claiming to have played a blinder when plainly he has obtained nothing more than smoke and mirrors, the closer we edge towards a Brexit. Oh, what a frabjous day that would be!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here