Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Alfred Development - Rob Starr, Crest Nicholson, No 50m Pool

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry 565 flats going up 18 storeys. Only a small pool though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"A planning application is expect in around a year's time with building work set to begin next summer."

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Yeah right!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All done in secret despite £8m of our money being involved and still no 50m pool. Dread to think how much back scratching and 'deals' were done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would fifty 1 metre pools be an adequate compromise?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Very disappointing. This was long anticipated to be a revitalised community centre, but instead we are left with a very, very large block of flats - with pathetic compensation given back to the local community. Six badminton courts, two junior swimming pools and three bowling rinks - hoorah, well worth the £8m of public money, it will really put Hove on the map... not.

Alternatively we can just leave it as a rotting corpse of a building next to a derelict bomb site?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought this was going to be some super duper ice rink/basketball hybrid venue with a full size pool etc. It does seem a little underwhelming but at least something is happening rather than letting it fall further into disrepair.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I thought this was going to be some super duper ice rink/basketball hybrid venue with a full size pool etc. It does seem a little underwhelming but at least something is happening rather than letting it fall further into disrepair.

My thoughts exactly. Great that something is going to happen, but can't help but feel we will still be left with a really underwhelming leisure centre which the city is crying out for. Surely an opportunity 'while the patient is open' to do something that will be used for many generations?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here