Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Spiritual Mediums

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
In an ideal world, anyone who takes money for this sort of thing should be charged with fraud. Terrible despicable people preying on the vulnerable.

I agree. To claim that you can speak to someones loved one especially someone who is grieving is absolutely disgusting. I think they should be charged too.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
But if you believe that people can speak to the dead why wouldnt you want to see it as often as you possibly can, why if you believe your saw a genuine one wouldnt you just stick to that one.

Its such an incredible claim and an incredible thing to even begin to believe that it would seem quite natural for you to totally immerse yourself within the world of speaking dead people, that would really be brilliant, but for me it is utter utter bullshit.

And that is fine.

You are twisting my words but your views are clearly so entrenched that nothing anyone says would change that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A couple of Posters have mentioned this on page 1.
Should answer a lot of questions.

Also, with the computer/internet tools I have at work and at home, I could pretend to be Medium and make a shed-load. It's not difficult.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You'll be surprised by the research these idiots do and they only need to find a few things to get you thinking etc...complete utter tripe and they should all be banned.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If you believe the spirit medium then you have to believe that we all possess an immortal soul that passes on to the spirit world after we die . In which case religion has got it right all along - therefore we must all be answerable to a God.. In which case I'll see you at church on Sunday ... If we believe the medium is true?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And that is fine.

You are twisting my words but your views are clearly so entrenched that nothing anyone says would change that.

No please fire away, its not something I lose sleep over and surely its all a bit tongue in cheek, but it is true it seems total bunkum to me.

If you been to a fair few, then perhaps you look at it like a good magic trick, good fun, clever and slightly mystifying or you truly believe that through a medium you are communicating with the dead, the latter is quite incredible.

Personally I find it astonishing that once somebody has accepted that someone can actually speak to the dead, they then become incredibly accepting of the utter vagueness of the information offered.

Just being unbelieving of witchcraft doesnt make you entrenched in anything, modern scientific advancement based on clear evidence is far more exciting and progressive than anything a shyster can offer ...................

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
If you believe the spirit medium then you have to believe that we all possess an immortal soul that passes on to the spirit world after we die . In which case religion has got it right all along - therefore we must all be answerable to a God.. In which case I'll see you at church on Sunday ... If we believe the medium is true?

Which religion has got it right, though? It's estimated we've worshipped 28 million gods in our history. Of course everyone has a right to believe any old nonsense. But that's what mediums are, nonsense.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

The existence of spirits doesn't prove that we have a god to answer to.

If either exist, we'd know about it!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Or the worst case scenario at Mosque 5 times a day, 7 times a week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here