Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeffrey Monakana joins Romanian side FC Voluntari on free transfer

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
But that 1 time makes it worthwhile - March is another good example.

I wonder what the percentage (per year group) of youngsters making it through the youth system to getting a first team contract is. Given that a youth player competing with lads in a 2 year age group will suddenly have to compete with a much large pool of men between the ages of around 18-35, law of averages says that anything more than 1 per year group would be a decent return.
Well said. I bow down

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Shame it didn't work out for him, I am very surprised that he has taken that move though.

Surely he would be better dropping down to League 1/2 and trying to build his way back up. Unless, of course, his stick has fallen at that level as well due to his loans.

It's a shame for the lad though as he had been getting games at Preston and probably wishes he hadn't made the move now

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Bizarre that he has had to go to some lowly Romanian team to resurrect his career, there must have been something a little more nearer to home ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Chicksen has appeared more often but only a little.

Suppose we've brought more attacking midfielders in the last 6 months though
Chicksen is likely to leave also this window, either on a short term deal until the end of the season or a loan deal

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
Sad it didn't work out for him - he was on loan at quite a few places - but not sure Romania is best place to go. He'll possibly encounter a lot of prejudice there but let's hope they'll support him. I suppose if he is one of the better players there (& I've no idea of the state of football in Romania) he might find a way back here. Good luck to him.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
He wont find prejudice there as there r many players there with african conections steaua bucharest has at lest 6 african players and Voluntari is in bucharest ,,,

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I was surprised by this, he was highly rated at one point, I wish they could of just stuck him in the first team for a game just to see how he would of gotten on, some players thrive in that situation and can surprise you. With Solly and Kaz out and no skilful direct players who run the opposition available in our last few games (which we needed) it surely must of been worth a punt throwing him in and seeing if can liven a game up? I never saw him in the U21's but going of his reputation it seemed worth it

theboybilly

But 9 times out of 10 it happens

Actually only 1 out of every 200 Academy players across the country get to play at a professional standard. Albion have loads of kids going through the Lancing mill but sadly so many are going to have to be let down gently. BHAFC put every effort into ensuring young lads (and lasses obviously) complete their education and get them ready for a life away from football before letting them go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here