Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock - sick note

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Last season he missed quite a few games too and we were significantly worse when he didn't play.

2al0eu.jpg

I think these statistics are useful to prove that we are a better team with him in than without, whether in a good or a bad side. Either that or he's lucky....and to paraphrase Napoleon I'd take a lucky forward any day of the week.

Not to mention that he was being played out on the left a lot of the time where he just wasn't effective, as Barnes was for a while.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The myth about Baldock having pace aside, CMS scored 21 goals in 109 games, at a rate of about than 1 in 5. Sam Baldock has scored 7 in 78 games, which is 1 in 11. I think that I'd prefer CMS in the team and that's without mentioning the cross for Leo Ulloa at Nottingham Forest.

Says it all about your opinion on this matter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The myth about Baldock having pace aside, CMS scored 21 goals in 109 games, at a rate of about than 1 in 5. Sam Baldock has scored 7 in 78 games, which is 1 in 11. I think that I'd prefer CMS in the team and that's without mentioning the cross for Leo Ulloa at Nottingham Forest.

Are you seriously suggesting that CMS was a better Championship striker than Baldock? THAT cross was his one moment of quality in his last two seasons here, you are really scraping the barrel now, cannot believe you would bring that up as an example of him being better than Baldock. :lolol:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I wouldn't automatically say Baldock is a poor finisher as I can't recall him missing too many guilt edged chances. First game against Forest he missed a pretty presentable chance. But I can't remember leaving a game thinking 'how the **** didn't Baldock score'.

It could be argued that's even more worrying as he's not getting himself positions to miss, but that could also mean he's sacrificing more potent goal scoring runs to open up space for the team.

I like Baldock I thought some of the praise after the QPR game was a little OTT as I didn't think he had that good a game. But you cannot argue with the fact we play better with him in the side and in a successful and unsuccessful team he has made a big difference.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

duhhhhhhhhh!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here