Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones, Luron two games in charge, no shots on target

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And lucky to get the Brighton managers job too

I wonder Ernest who was lucky to get who given that CH had several other job offers before he accepted the Brighton one. You are right, Chris was lucky to get the Brighton job but only because Brighton matched his ambition of being in the Premier League and the Chairman convinced him of that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At the time I was pleased with his appointment as I thought us and CH was like a hand in a glove he did what he had to last season to avoid relegation and has progressed from there. Yes I do believe he made a mistake when Bong was injured but where is the man who has never made a mistake. I just hope that we can move on from that and not do the same again. I fimly believe that we shall be in an automatic promotion place very soon. With all above us to play it is firmly in our own hands.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I wonder Ernest who was lucky to get who given that CH had several other job offers before he accepted the Brighton one. You are right, Chris was lucky to get the Brighton job but only because Brighton matched his ambition of being in the Premier League and the Chairman convinced him of that.

Serious question, why did he not get the job when Hyppia did then ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
At the time I was pleased with his appointment as I thought us and CH was like a hand in a glove he did what he had to last season to avoid relegation and has progressed from there. Yes I do believe he made a mistake when Bong was injured but where is the man who has never made a mistake. I just hope that we can move on from that and not do the same again. I fimly believe that we shall be in an automatic promotion place very soon. With all above us to play it is firmly in our own hands.

We have to disagree on that one BG - I think his big mistake to date was that he allowed the players to get away with giving away a 2-0 lead against QPR and the 1-0 defeats against Wolves and Ipswich I think he cut the players too much slack for losing those games. I don't know this for sure because I don't know what was said after those matches but the attitude of the players was awful against Rotherham.

I listened to his post match interview of the Rotherham game and there was real anger in his voice, I knew for sure the players were going to get slaughtered when he went back into the dressing room and seems the players responded yesterday and went out and ground out a vital win.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Serious question, why did he not get the job when Hyppia did then ?

At that point The Board wanted to continue down the route of foreign managers because they felt they were able to tap into the foreign market for players a lot better. He wasn't even interviewed when Hypia got the job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here