Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (H) moved to Friday night now moved to TUESDAY 15TH MARCH

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Don't know, but are you seriously comparing Villa with Brighton? The other comparison with Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich was much better.

No not comparing at all just stating that in the P L Saturday games are a rarity Saturday games at 15.00 are once in a blue moon no matter what position you are in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No not comparing at all just stating that in the P L Saturday games are a rarity Saturday games at 15.00 are once in a blue moon no matter what position you are in

What are you basing this on ? Norwich, as an example, have 15 games left, of which 11 are at 3pm on Saturday (at the moment), with a couple of evening games, one early kick off and one Sunday kick off.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Winnable 5th round tie v West Brom/Posh at home. Expecting this game to get moved to Tues night.

Some on here seem confident Reading will play us Friday and FA Cup Monday if they get through and if it's not City/Arsenal in 6th Round.

Reading also at home on the Tuesday prior. So can FL/FA force Reading to play Tuesday/Friday/Monday?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
Do you think Sky give a toss what is said on here, nope. This thread could go to 200 pages and they wouldn't even care. It's business. They look only at cost and profit, cost and profit.
At some point the FANS need to do a protest. OK so Leeds made an attempt at stopping the cameras getting in and we all laughed at first but then thought about it a bit deeper. Something has to give. It never really bothered me until this year. Cardiff away has wrecked a weekend as I now have to go a day earlier (other reasons) and my mates cant make it. Brentford H meant my holiday has had to be cut short at great expense.
Rather than just moan we need a leader to get a fans protest in motion. Not just us but all fans from every club. Will it happen, never.

Football is high on my likes,but cutting short a holiday,Cmon!

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Football may appear to be booming in this country but it is in danger of self-imploding, of shooting itself in the foot. TV coverage has now reached quite ridiculous levels and is at saturation point. In the quest for more and more revenue, they are now starting to undermine the very fabric of the game. The majority of people find Saturday football the easiest to attend, as the majority of people work 5 days a week. It is my belief that most people enjoy Saturday 3pm kick-offs the most.
A lot are now bored with turning on the tv and seeing football, every hour of every day. You never get a break. No chance to refresh. When fans had very little football on television, the build up to their club's next game was exciting. It was looked forward to. The fans were fresh and expectant.
Now, there is very much a ' take it or leave it ' attitude. Even if you are going to a Saturday 3pm k.o, you have probably watched a Friday night game and part of a Saturday lunchtime game. Television gives fans the option of not attending games and watching from the comfort of their armchairs. They are not spending money at their club, not taking friends and family to games, not introducing youngsters to the delight of live football.
Sky and BT have ensured the game is awash with money and allowed football clubs to behave in an unprofessional and insolvent manner. It has allowed clubs to throw away the fans investment on paying a fortune to average players, way above their true value to their club. It has created an environment where the players are in control, where they decide whether they are going to coast or commit, where cheats now prosper because it has become easier to con and deceive than develop ability to improve and where respect for your fellow professional doesn't exist.
They are irreparably damaging our national side but they don't worry about that. They are slowly and surely destroying the essential fabric of our game. A fabric essentially built around Saturday football. About habit and comfort for fans but they don't worry about that. They just want your monthly subscription ( which will keep rising ) and then they will do whatever they want. This thread alone shows the disenchantment amongst our fans. Magnify this over the whole country and you will see that the game we all love is at the crossroads. It is being used and abused by others who don't give a toss about football fans. They want armchair viewers but armchair viewers won't carry our game forward. All they will do is to ensure that players are paid more and more, whilst producing less and less.
The tv companies are guilty of ' over-egging ' the product. Bigging up a pretty ordinary product. They think we all want wall to wall football and are happy to turn up at grounds at their behest, at anytime of day /week. They are taking the customer for granted and history has proved that any business that does this, eventually suffers.

Not BHA FC's fault but I do hope Mr Barber et al read this post......it's absolutely spot on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Football is high on my likes,but cutting short a holiday,Cmon!

Have to agree. Supporting the Albion is important but your life shouldn't revolve around it. Something not quite right if it does. As for Cardiff, not quite sure how moving a kick off two and half hours earlier actually ruins a weekend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Where did you get this from?
Looking at the fixtures, keeping it in mind that it won't be in the international break, then it's either 15th or the Tuesday before Derby, or between Derby and Middlesbrough which I reckon is highly unlikely.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not BHA FC's fault but I do hope Mr Barber et al read this post......it's absolutely spot on.

Reluctantly, I disagree. Unfortunately there is a market for the Premier League football, here and overseas and whilst that continues the TV companies will pull the strings. Fans are guilty to a certain extent. Firstly, as customers of the TV companies. Sky have had Sunday and Monday football for years so premier league fans know the score and so do the fans of the big clubs. The fact that most premier league grounds are pretty full every week regardless of when the matches are played suggests that there are plenty of people that will go.

Our problem is that it is only in the last few years that BHA have started to appear on live tv, even more so this year due to our success. So it is all quite new to us. Personally, I don't mind a few games being switched, whether it be to 12:30 or 5:30 kick off on a Saturday or even to Friday nights. I'm fortunate because I can make those games but I appreciate others can't. So I don't quite feel the affinity to a 3pm kick off that others do. As it happens, I've always preferred evening kick offs as I think there is normally a much better atmosphere.

Another problem the clubs have is that they have to maximize income in order to compete and progress. You only have to look at forums in the close season and January to see what sort of players fans expect their clubs to invest in and the disappointment when they don't.

I think it is hypocritical of fans to demand investment on players on the one hand and then moan when the source of a chunk of revenue dictates when games are played.

As for Leeds, isn't it more Cellino that is making noises about the TV deal. Not because of the changes to kick off times but because he thinks that they, like in some other countries, can negotiate their own deal which would still involve moving kick offs from 3pm as the leagues don't allow live football broadcast in this country at that time.

Would I prefer to watch football on a Saturday at 3pm, probably yes. However, compared to the 70s/80s facilities are certainly much better and the game itself is probably better including the pitches that the match is played on, which helps (and which costs money). Playing on a quagmire wasn't uncommon and didn't really make for great games. How often was the Goldstone pitch the sandiest place in Sussex?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Great news with Reading being (cant see Reading playing Friday/Monday) moved as couldnt make the Friday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great news with Reading being (cant see Reading playing Friday/Monday) moved as couldnt make the Friday.

Bit crap it will have been moved twice though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Tuesday 15th very likely, depending on when Reading's QF is set for. This would suit us as we will have had the weekend off, Reading will be less focussed and weary after the FAC.

PG

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bit crap it will have been moved twice though.

Really crap. Symptomatic of current football.

But Kurt Vile is entertaining me and Mrs PM on the Friday evening, so I was pretty pissed off with them moving it in the first place. For someone flying in from Berlin, my annoyance is pretty insignificant though, to be fair.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, it could remain on Friday if Reading draw a team in the Europa cup, Tottenham and Man Utd, because they are due to play on 10th March (provided they get through this round). We could still play Friday and Reading could play on the Monday (the reverse Europa fixture is on the 17th so unlikely Spurs or Man Utd would agree to play on a Tuesday in the Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here