Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton says club will not panic in transfer window

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Did we ever find out where he was going when he tweeted that pic of the plane going over mountains? It certainly wasn't over Belgium so was he?

Villa have got no cash and a whopping big wage bill. I fancy them to do a Wigan or Portsmouth and fall another division. Not sure that Newcastle would be much of a threat either as Ashley doesn't seem to want to do much with them - he'll sell off their best players and buy cheap French cast-offs. Norwich and Bournemouth would be much more of a threat.

I certainly don't think that life would be much easier next season but it won't be because Villa are in the division

Newcastle will walk the league if they come down like they did before , Ashley needs them in the Premier League

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Newcastle will walk the league if they come down like they did before , Ashley needs them in the Premier League

He has a new toy now though. He hasn't made much investment in Newcastle in the past couple of years. If they go down, he'll have to cover a lot of losses if he wants to keep the team together: will his heart be in it?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like that statement, on the whole. But let's get a Striker in please. I get too fraught wondering who's going to be on the injury list. A new striker to smash this recent run please Chris!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I'm sure I would have said the same about QPR this time last year

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I know we would all love for us to splash the cash and go for it but I remember when the accounts came out the conversation saying that Tony is supplementing the club with £1mill a month. Paul Barber has done a good job in bringing this down, but the signings we have made might be us 'going for it' as much as we can at the moment

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Less of the panic we'll sign a new striker and probably a new left back as well, Bloom and Barber have both alluded to us signing players so give them some trust. Even Naylor said the new striker will be later in the window and for all his slagging he does get it right more often than not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here