Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
**** me its like the UKIP office party in here, I'll seek other entertainment and leave the conversation.
Just a serious debate from what I can see

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Of course people who have been brainwashed since children will defend their identity, but for non Muslims to appease and submit to them is dangerous.

Islam will always be open to a violent view just on the basis on how their hero lived his life. Even as an Atheist I understand that Jesus lived his life without sin, so if we strip the Holy books down to the men they are supposed to represent there is no comparrison between the two.

Daesh live the life of Muhammad and are emulating him without a conscience.

Plenty of evil is done in the name of Christianity, plenty of good is done in the name of Islam. Its easy and its simplistic to take sides. To say that Islam cannot be peaceful is as incorrect as saying Christianity cannot be violent.

I'm an Atheist too, and I hate religion not for what it necessarily is but for how it divides and separates and causes pain and suffering in the search for one true God. This current war is essentially between different wings of Islam, and one could argue that the current attacks on the west are little more than propoganda and a recruiting tool, we're not the real 'enemy' in this conflict.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
one could argue that the current attacks on the west are little more than propoganda and a recruiting tool, we're not the real 'enemy' in this conflict.

Well i daresay the victims around Europe will be pleased to know that we are not the "real enemy".......god help us when we are.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Just a serious debate from what I can see

Yep. Discussing Muhammad has always been taboo and it shouldn't be. His whole life was controversial and people have to learn about it.

Muhammad claimed he was oppressed but he was a well respected and wealthy merchant with a rich wife. He made his money out of Mecca but got chased out when he became a trouble maker.

You cannot be rich and claim to be oppressed.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Plenty of evil is done in the name of Christianity, plenty of good is done in the name of Islam. Its easy and its simplistic to take sides. To say that Islam cannot be peaceful is as incorrect as saying Christianity cannot be violent.

I'm an Atheist too, and I hate religion not for what it necessarily is but for how it divides and separates and causes pain and suffering in the search for one true God. This current war is essentially between different wings of Islam, and one could argue that the current attacks on the west are little more than propoganda and a recruiting tool, we're not the real 'enemy' in this conflict.

The difference is that Christianity in the middle ages is a far cry from the life of Jesus. We can emulate the good nature of Jesus because he really was without sin. Muhammad on the other hand got his way by hook or by crook. We can seperate Jesus and Christianity but we cannot seperate Islam and Muhammad.

If Muhammad was as good a man as what Jesus was, we couldn't say anything bad about Islam. If you get what I mean?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The difference is that Christianity in the middle ages is a far cry from the life of Jesus. We can emulate the good nature of Jesus because he really was without sin. Muhammad on the other hand got his way by hook or by crook. We can seperate Jesus and Christianity but we cannot seperate Islam and Muhammad.

If Muhammad was as good a man as what Jesus was, we couldn't say anything bad about Islam. If you get what I mean?

We know very little about Jesus' life - certainly in comparison to that of Muhammad - and what little we do 'know' is pure fantasy - raising the dead, changing wine to water, feeding the five thousand etc puts a shadow of incredulity over the rest of his biography.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

some actual truth for once :)

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
We know very little about Jesus' life - certainly in comparison to that of Muhammad - and what little we do 'know' is pure fantasy - raising the dead, changing wine to water, feeding the five thousand etc puts a shadow of incredulity over the rest of his biography.

in your opinion :)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003

I get what you mean, but the premise is flawed. We have two historical figures, one from the 1st century, one from the 6th century, both the major prophet of a religion they are credited with creating, and next-to-no unbiased information about the lives of either. To assume one was good and one was bad has to be your bias. Jesus may or may not have been without sin, but even if he was there is plenty of evil done in the name of Christianity today (and to clarify, I wasn't talking about the middle ages). Mohammad may or may not have been a bad guy, but even if he was there is plenty of good done in the name of Islam.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Perhaps and probably "raising the the dead, changing wine to water, feeding the five thousand etc" is "pure fantasy", it sure is a lot better to believe in those notions than a Prophet that was 53, married a 6 year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was 10. That apart from the other things this Prophet believed in.
Is it any wonder that SOME feel there is nothing wrong in raping/molesting young girls.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Perhaps and probably "raising the the dead, changing wine to water, feeding the five thousand etc" is "pure fantasy", it sure is a lot better to believe in those notions than a Prophet that was 53, married a 6 year old girl and consummated the marriage when she was 10. That apart from the other things this Prophet believed in.
Is it any wonder that SOME feel there is nothing wrong in raping/molesting young girls.

Is it not too much to ask to just have a think about these things before writing? Are you really trying to suggest that rape and paedophilia are an islamic problem, because its pretty damn clear that they're not restricted to that group of people alone. All you end up writing is abuse for the hell of it, which is pretty much racism by any other definition.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps and probably .

There is no perhaps about it, how anyone with a modicum of intelligence can belive in such false claims is beyond me. You may as well worship Tommy Cooper on the basis that he could produce many bottles of beer in one of his tricks.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Yet Muhammad accepted he was a man and a sinner and begged Allah for forgiveness three times - Jesus was a man who claimed he WAS God born of a 12 year old virgin He had made pregnant - the whole concept is so fantastical it is incredible that nearly half the Earth's population follow the religions founded by these two men.

Of course neither Jesus nor Muhammad wrote either the New Testament or the Qur'an so really both Christianity and Islam were founded by 'fan clubs' of the two.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is a daily event now for some people who demand we comply with a completely ****ed up view of Islam. This is the new world and will carry on for years. All anyone can do is just carry on with their daily lives. That is 2016 and onwards

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is it not too much to ask to just have a think about these things before writing? Are you really trying to suggest that rape and paedophilia are an islamic problem, because its pretty damn clear that they're not restricted to that group of people alone. All you end up writing is abuse for the hell of it, which is pretty much racism by any other definition.

How is it racism?

When the Catholic Church and it's members get criticzed over paedophilia there's absolutely nobody claiming its even remotely racist. Yet when it comes to criticizing Islam another religion then all of a sudden people bring out the "racism" card. Islam is an ideology. You can't be racist against an ideology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here