Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

575 minutes [and counting] since we last scored

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
*yawn*

No one has said that.

Actually, many have said just that, claiming we don't need to buy another striker...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, we won't.

If we don't buy another striker it doesn't mean that:

a) We didn't need another striker, nor
b) The club determined we don't need another striker

It could just mean that:

c) A striker that is deemed to be better than what we have was not available for the money we were prepared to spend.

As I said, there are many claiming we don't need another striker...

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
As I said, there are many claiming we don't need another striker...

We have the following 5 strikers:

Elvis
Bobby
Baldock
Hemed
Wilson

So in my book we need a striker who can score goals alongside Wilson and for me either Hemed or Baldock can go

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I know the cup is not hugely important this season but that was a lamentable effort today - The Hull keeper didn't have to make 1 save FFS! Either have a go or send the youth team up.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have the following 5 strikers:

Elvis
Bobby
Baldock
Hemed
Wilson

So in my book we need a striker who can score goals alongside Wilson and for me either Hemed or Baldock can go

Personally, I would try to offset some of the money we seem to have wasted on Manu. However, the key is to BUY a striker who is capable of scoring 20+ a season (10 or so in the remainder of this season).

ALL of the strikers we have, except Manu, HAVE contributed well to our season so far, but NONE of them will get enough goals.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It doesn't bode well for us that even premier league Bournemouth are going to have to pay 10m for afobe.....and Lewis grabban 8m bid has been turned down. What hope have we got of getting a half decent striker. We may have to wait for next season now.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
It doesn't bode well for us that even premier league Bournemouth are going to have to pay 10m for afobe.....and Lewis grabban 8m bid has been turned down. What hope have we got of getting a half decent striker. We may have to wait for next season now.

Well we got to hope to buy someone unproven that proves to be a hit....but it will be a massive gamble and more likely it's fail :(

Fran112

Jun 6, 2011
Waterlooville
...thoughts?

Hull, Wolves, Ipswich, Brentford and Middlesbrough = 5 X 90 = 450 mins plus 35 minutes at end of QPR,
That's 485 minutes so actually even worse.
Were never gonna score today with 3 full backs, 2 central defenders and 5 midfielders starting, but hey Hull only
scored one and that was a penalty.
Just one goal with some of our injured back and midfield rested and away we go again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Let's hope this losing streak doesn't become a club record also :eek:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Midlfield creation rather than strikers. we were scoring plenty when Lua Lua and March were fit, now they're not, we're not

Not really, we weren't racking them up were we.

However we were creating a lot of good chances that weren't being put away.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe we have enough strikers. IMO we will sign another winger,as the service from both wings since the injuries has been poor.I cannot think that even now Lua Lua will last the remaining part of the season fit.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Connor 'Reeves' Washington = the next Thierry Henry. Possibly.

The last time we scored Ronald Reagan was in the White House. Confident we'll have one or two new signings over the next week or so. Fancy us to end the goal drought and beat Rotherham.

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Apparently our starting line-up today had scored a total of NIL goals (excepting OGs) this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here