Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The removal of Jeremy Corbyn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Unfortunately,being a Royal,he is instructed who to meet by politicians,whereas Corbyn chose to frequently meet Adams by his own choice!Or have all the pictures of their meetings been photo-shopped by the wicked Tory press,and not from Republican News,you clown!

I suppose you forget Queen Maggies " we do not negotiate with terrorists " quote ?.....it should have read " we won't get caught talking to terrorists "... I do like the Clown bit though..classy.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
*****SIGH***** You know he's not , for the millionth time, politicians/heads of state etc have met with these people in the name of political expediency and to cement the peace process *****yet a fvcking gain**** im having to explain (not to you , you know it full well) that corbyn never had any mandate from ANYBODY to meet with PIRA , he never took part in any of the talks that led to the good friday agreement, he opposed the anglo irish agreement and if he was so interested in ''peace'' and not showing support to PIRA then surely he would have met with loyalist groups as well, needless to say, he didnt.

Oh ! so he is a terrorist then, by the way are you Irish ? are you from Derry ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
*****SIGH***** You know he's not , for the millionth time, politicians/heads of state etc have met with these people in the name of political expediency and to cement the peace process *****yet a fvcking gain**** im having to explain (not to you , you know it full well) that corbyn never had any mandate from ANYBODY to meet with PIRA , he never took part in any of the talks that led to the good friday agreement, he opposed the anglo irish agreement and if he was so interested in ''peace'' and not showing support to PIRA then surely he would have met with loyalist groups as well, needless to say, he didnt.

Apparently Corbyn has to be pictured high fiving an IRA member just after he's detonated a bomb to show he has sympathy with their cause to convince some people.

I think your wasting your time, the need for a fresh/different type of politics completely blinds them to the odious past acquaintances and causes of St Jeremy and McDonnell, Livingstone et al. Embracing the far left as a solution to anything is as bad as the embracing the far right IMO .. very sad.

Stumpy Tim

Why all the hysterical attempts to paint him as a terrorist/dictator/Trotskyite then ?
I've seen nothing painting him as a dictator. He has definitely made mistakes in dealings with the IRA, and he's as left-wing as you'll find in modern politics - so lazy journalists label him Trotskyist.

Having said that, people on this thread claim Cameron is more right-wing than Thatcher so it goes both ways.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They didn't cancel itout of the goodness of their hearts it was defeated in the Lords and they had no choice

Osborn had choices, could have restructred it, could have invoked the parliament act. it was ditched completely, because the party had little appetite for it. hardly right wing of them.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh ! so he is a terrorist then, by the way are you Irish ? are you from Derry ?
What on earth are you on about ? In fact i know what youre doing , classic case of deflection because you've been proven wrong , 100%, and no , i'm not irish , neither am i from Londonderry .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What on earth are you on about ? In fact i know what youre doing , classic case of deflection because you've been proven wrong , 100%, and no , i'm not irish , neither am i from Londonderry .

Well I thought I'd agree with you seeing as it's upsetting you, I just thought you were Irish and from Derry and that you would probably know more about NI politics than little me.... however it now seems an odd choice for an avatar now you are neither Irish or from Derry.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

You have interfered in Ireland. What were you hoping to achieve there?

Stumpy Tim

I think your wasting your time, the need for a fresh/different type of politics completely blinds them to the odious past acquaintances and causes of St Jeremy and McDonnell, Livingstone et al. Embracing the far left as a solution to anything is as bad as the embracing the far right IMO .. very sad.

I just don't see how this is a "fresh/different type of politics" either though. He's largely rid the front bench of the centre ground to quieten down dissent. There's nothing wrong with doing that by the way, but I don't see how Corbyn can claim he's into a new type of politics, yet is doing exactly what Blair did.

If anything, this is old politics. Labour have lurched to the left, and the Tories get to clean up. So those supporting Corbyn get ten years of Tories until they wake up & smell the coffee. As Blair said, this is politics "in which a traditional left-wing party competes with a traditional right-wing party, with the traditional result".

As someone from the centre-left I think it's a real shame. I don't feel there's a party that represents me anymore

D

Deleted User X18H

I would agree that, in what they are trying to do, they ARE farther right than Maggie.
Maggie didn't come from an ultra privileged background. And what she did was introduce a concept that included anyone who was prepared to get involved work hard and reap the benefits.Thatcherism enabled any one from any background to create wealth.

This current lot are a shambles . And I for one will be glad to see the back of them and their polices

BUT ..

What and where is the alternative ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maggie didn't come from an ultra privileged background. And what she did was introduce a concept that included anyone who was prepared to get involved work hard and reap the benefits.Thatcherism enabled any one from any background to create wealth.

This current lot are a shambles . And I for one will be glad to see the back of them and their polices

BUT ..

You've clearly cut-and-pasted this from another site. Whilst simplistic, it's reasonably well written and coherent; clearly not your prose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Brace yourself for the Belfast Telegraph links....

So, when you do quote it is trawling Google and when you don't quote you are asked to go find information to back up your story. Which is it? My head is in a spin!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, when you do quote it is trawling Google and when you don't quote you are asked to go find information to back up your story. Which is it? My head is in a spin!

A specific reference to a specific poster whose repeated links have been posted on pretty much every Corbyn thread, and who has already responded to my gentle provocation. If your head is in a spin because of this flippant remark, try a brisk walk or maybe a bike ride, that should clear it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A specific reference to a specific poster whose repeated links have been posted on pretty much every Corbyn thread, and who has already responded to my gentle provocation. If your head is in a spin because of this flippant remark, try a brisk walk or maybe a bike ride, that should clear it.

Just done an hours drive to work, so thanks but no thanks.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

BUT ..

Nail on the head stuff.

It certainly isn't Corbyn. Never has a man seemed so desperate to play Robin Hood - and therein lies the issue with him, he's so far left in his altruistic ideals that his policies have no grounding in reality.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I just don't see how this is a "fresh/different type of politics" either though. He's largely rid the front bench of the centre ground to quieten down dissent. There's nothing wrong with doing that by the way, but I don't see how Corbyn can claim he's into a new type of politics, yet is doing exactly what Blair did.

If anything, this is old politics. Labour have lurched to the left, and the Tories get to clean up. So those supporting Corbyn get ten years of Tories until they wake up & smell the coffee. As Blair said, this is politics "in which a traditional left-wing party competes with a traditional right-wing party, with the traditional result".

As someone from the centre-left I think it's a real shame. I don't feel there's a party that represents me anymore

Me neither. I'm more Red Tory than Blue Labour, and although I voted labour last time, there is no one for me now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

BUT ..

That Mr Farron seems a nice man.............
Or Scotland could do a reverse takeover of the rest of the UK and we become just one big scotland under Nicola Sturgeon...........
Or is the Monster raving Loony party still in existence..........
Or there's Nigel Far..... - no, that's taking the joke too far.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You have interfered in Ireland. What were you hoping to achieve there?
When you actually have some idea what youre talking about i'll respond to you , for what its worth i was keeping the peace and defending the majority of the population (who want to remain part of the uk) , from terrorists.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
When you actually have some idea what youre talking about i'll respond to you , for what its worth i was keeping the peace and defending the majority of the population (who want to remain part of the uk) , from terrorists.

:lol::lol: You're funnier than I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here