Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see the religion of peace is still peaceful

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Does the Catholic church want us to think of Hitler as a Christian? No. So whatever they're saying, it's going to be extremely biased.

Another well bounced off dismissive quote because it doesn't fit the posters possible agenda. Hey ho and all that. Although I do despair. Shame I didn't link to a lefty/righty rag so it could have been properly dismissed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are you suggesting Hitler was a born again Christian? that has given me the biggest laugh ever on NSC, who the F*** taught you history should be sacked with immediate effect. He exterminated Jews, I think you will find due to his love for Charlie Darwin and his friendship with al-Husseini. Get a grip.

Hitler was raised a Catholic, and claimed to be doing 'God's work', despite actions and beliefs that were miles from those of 'his' church.

I would contend that Hitler is a very GOOD analogy to use.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another well bounced off dismissive quote because it doesn't fit the posters possible agenda.
Not at all. If I didn't think he was a Christian, I wouldn't say it. I don't care if he was or not. But I'm not going to trust the Catholic church's word as evidence.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not at all. If I didn't think he was a Christian, I wouldn't say it. I don't care if he was or not. But I'm not going to trust the Catholic church's word as evidence.

I was interested to see where you got this spin on the author being something to do with the Catholic church, so I had a quick read up, please read and engage keyboard before emboldened statements.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D%27Souza

Many thanks.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
there are 1.9 Billion Muslims in the world so approx one in four people, if you honestly believe the majority are mental terrorists you are a fool!

Typical hand-wringing response there, I'm afraid. No-one, anywhere, anytime, as far as I have seen or heard, has ever suggested that all 1.9 billion Muslims (I'll assume your figure is correct) are terrorists, mental or otherwise. Can you understand that? - no-one is suggesting they are, so your argument fails at the firs hurdle.
On the other hand, it is pretty accurate to say that the people who want to kill all Christians and anyone else who doesn't conform to their warped values and destroy the west through bloodshed, bombings and executions, are Muslims. Or do you have strange access to facts unbeknown to the rest of the world?

SAC

May 21, 2014
The media and the pink and fluffy liberals still want us to believe it is a peaceful tolerant past time, 7 days in 47 executions, every major city in Germany had serious sexual assaults, Paris, Syria, Somalia and a burning down of an embassy not to mention that video. Of course none of this has anything to do with the religion of course. I was hoping for a 2016 free from the religion of peace. Hate to see what a religion of violence looks like.

I'm with you that a lot of Islam is indefensible and there are plenty of websites that with point out some of the disgusting parts of the Koran, and the bible for that matter.

I'm not sure why you are giving the liberals a hard time though, liberals tend to be agnostic and tend to be against the use of the death penalty. The far right tend to agree with both the death penalty and are religious, it's them that you need to vent your anger at.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
On the other hand, it is pretty accurate to say that the people who want to kill all Christians and anyone else who doesn't conform to their warped values and destroy the west through bloodshed, bombings and executions, are Muslims. Or do you have strange access to facts unbeknown to the rest of the world?

Why is only the 'West' important here? Doesn't the rest of the world count?

There are many Hindu terrorist organisations who wish to rid India of Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Christian_violence_in_India

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
operative word MIDDLE ages :)

Atrocities are still carried out in the name of Christianity. Terrorist attacks and murder by anti abortionists in the US, genocide in the central african republic, Bosnian genocide, Northern Ireland, not to mention widespread sexual offences under the protection of the church....hardly middle ages.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Typical hand-wringing response there, I'm afraid. No-one, anywhere, anytime, as far as I have seen or heard, has ever suggested that all 1.9 billion Muslims (I'll assume your figure is correct) are terrorists, mental or otherwise. Can you understand that? - no-one is suggesting they are, so your argument fails at the firs hurdle.
please read thread title again, it suggests ALL Muslims , yes just 1.9 billion Muslims in the world (no I didn't count them all myself). As you have pointed out Christians are/ have been violent and non understanding also, in some states in america they still protest "god hates fags","abortion is murder" and such like, okay not stoning people but still ignorant views of the world, the same blinked views these terrorists have but these terrorists have less laws and social development in their towns than the Americans with the same views. Personally I think ANYONE who believes there is a god must have the same imagination as a 4 year old but to persicute an ENTIRE religion (as thread suggests) for the sake of a very small minority of followers awful interpretation is wrong!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why is only the 'West' important here? Doesn't the rest of the world count?
Because it is the west that ISIS are targeting at the moment (though there are rumblings that they feel they should go after the Russian oppressors to (Good luck to them - I wish them all the success that Napoleon and Hitler had on that one!)) So, the importance of the West is ISIS' idea; you have decided to erroneously credit it to me..............

There are many Hindu terrorist organisations who wish to rid India of Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Christian_violence_in_India

Yes, they're not nice either - but why counter criticism of a major evil 9ISIS) by pointing out a comparatively lesser one? Does that make the greater evil right? - or is it just a futile attempt to deflect or discredit criticism of ISIS? Anyway, I'm quite happy to put off worrying about that lot until ISIS has been sorted............................sadly, that may not be in my lifetime.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
please read thread title again, it suggests ALL Muslims
No it didn't. It was ironically quoting Islam's claim to be 'A religion of peace'. Can't be bothered with all the rest, although when the people in America who believe that God hates fags start beheading people on Youtube, I make take it a bit more seriously.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
GT49er;7225256.. Yes said:
comparatively[/B] lesser one? Does that make the greater evil right? - or is it just a futile attempt to deflect or discredit criticism of ISIS? Anyway, I'm quite happy to put off worrying about that lot until ISIS has been sorted............................sadly, that may not be in my lifetime.

Spot on.... It is better to worry about the lesser ones, in fact let's just worry about similar atrocities from hundreds of years ago, that should sovle today's current problem which is certainly getting worse. :rolleyes:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Must be a quiet transfers day zzzzzzz

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
No it didn't. It was ironically quoting Islam's claim to be 'A religion of peace'. Can't be bothered with all the rest, although when the people in America who believe that God hates fags start beheading people on Youtube, I make take it a bit more seriously.

but don't ALL religions claim they're peaceful? as for claiming they're the " religion of peace" I think you've misinterpreted it, the word Islam translate to the word peace, as I said before the beheading etc are happening (for want of a better word) backwards countries where they can easily buy arms from the west and easily take over.
So far this year more American drones have killed innocent people (but they were just "rag heads" and dont have the internet, so who cares eh) people than Isis and mass shootings in the us were just over one a day due to stupid guns laws, but because it's legal and just the odd nutter I guess it doesn't matter...oh the irony.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
The media and the pink and fluffy liberals still want us to believe it is a peaceful tolerant past time, 7 days in 47 executions, every major city in Germany had serious sexual assaults, Paris, Syria, Somalia and a burning down of an embassy not to mention that video. Of course none of this has anything to do with the religion of course. I was hoping for a 2016 free from the religion of peace. Hate to see what a religion of violence looks like.

Well said. I'm just about to read the rest of the thread. My money is on it being full of Left Wing views from people who are between the ages of 13-30 who have been brainwashed by our education system into thinking multi-culturism is normal and a good thing for the country to move forward with. BTW, I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with that and I am more than happy to debate further, but please don't just argue cos I'm Palace. That has nothing to do with anything.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
but don't ALL religions claim they're peaceful? as for claiming they're the " religion of peace" I think you've misinterpreted it, the word Islam translate to the word peace, as I said before the beheading etc are happening (for want of a better word) backwards countries where they can easily buy arms from the west and easily take over.
So far this year more American drones have killed innocent people (but they were just "rag heads" and dont have the internet, so who cares eh) people than Isis and mass shootings in the us were just over one a day due to stupid guns laws, but because it's legal and just the odd nutter I guess it doesn't matter...oh the irony.

Islam doesn't translate to peace, it means "Submit to the will of God".

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
How about 71 years ago, when many millions died because of the beliefs of a Christian. Please let me know when these executions catch up with that.

And the truth is that there are parts of the world that aren't as enlightened as we are in the west. Places are behind us culturally, and with respect to human rights.

I don't think you can really claim that Hitler persecuted the Jews in the name of Christianity. In the same way as it can't be said that ISIS represent all Muslims.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Atrocities are still carried out in the name of Christianity. Terrorist attacks and murder by anti abortionists in the US, genocide in the central african republic, Bosnian genocide, Northern Ireland, not to mention widespread sexual offences under the protection of the church....hardly middle ages.

Or the Maronites in Lebanon, or the Christian militias in Nagaland and Tripura in India......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here