Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2016

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The Sportsman is a gem.

Michelin not obsessed any more (at least at the 1 star level) but the Set is no-were near yet.

Comparing the Sportsman and the Set should make that abundantly clear.

I wasn't trying to compare Sportsman and Set, although I'm not convinced that you were making that point either. It's a shame The Sportsman is so tricky to get to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chambers - Shoreham

Nice romantic night with Mrs Hut, scollops OK could have been warmer, pork belly to die for - wonderful

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Griffin in Fletching is quite possibly the best I've eaten in for 5 years.

Heard some really bad reports about The Saltroom, anyone been as I really want to go and try for myself.

Yep, anniversary dinner with the wife last April. Real mixed bag.

We told them it was an anniversary so they promised their best table then dumped us right in the middle next to some City boys. Five minutes later someone else turned up and said we'd been given the wrong table and moved us.

Food was excellent quality, beautifully cooked, great ingredients and flavours, but tiny. You need to order a full three courses or a platter to leave full and if you do you will need a second mortgage.

London restaurant really, and not in a good way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you want to call her pork belly you are on your own

It was a joke, along the lines of the "I took my French girlfriend to a restaurant last night. She had frogs legs and a chicken's breast.....but a smashing personality". Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was a joke, along the lines of the "I took my French girlfriend to a restaurant last night. She had frogs legs and a chicken's breast.....but a smashing personality". Sorry if I offended you, didn't mean to.

You haven't offended me what I posted was a joke

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agree with the jam jars in silo, wankery. If you're setting out to reuse stuff why not re use glasses? Old jam jars are for storing screws, bits of chalk, pens or for making ****ing jam.

How about ready-to-drink cocktails from the offie/supermarket.....in jam jars? This snippet is from Jay Rayner.

From the shoot-me-now department: independent drinks business Global Brands has launched ready-to-drink cocktails, including a Mojito, a Cosmo and a Singapore Sling. They come in jam jars. JAM. JARS. If this doesn’t mark the end of western civilisation, I don’t know what does (globalbrands.co.uk).

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
I thought At Isaac wasn't very good at all. A lot of fancy ideas but the food just didn't taste very nice.

Fatto a Mano was great, possibly the best pizza I've had in Brighton.

My top tip is The Set in Regency Square, interesting AND tasty.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To bend the rules slightly if I may .... firstly because I visited in December and secondly it isn't exactly a restaurant.

Visited Ten Green Bottle opposite Birghton Library in December for a cheese and wine tasting. Fan ... bloody .... tastic. Great cheeses with a new wine for each cheese course. Not cheap apparently ( I don't know the exact cost as it was a treat from Mrs Westdene ) but a really enjoyable evening. I now have a real love for sheeps cheese.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To bend the rules slightly if I may .... firstly because I visited in December and secondly it isn't exactly a restaurant.

Visited Ten Green Bottle opposite Birghton Library in December for a cheese and wine tasting. Fan ... bloody .... tastic. Great cheeses with a new wine for each cheese course. Not cheap apparently ( I don't know the exact cost as it was a treat from Mrs Westdene ) but a really enjoyable evening. I now have a real love for sheeps cheese.

Sheep cheese = v good.
10 Green Bottles is a great addition to Brighton's night-life variety.
What will be the result of the referendum?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Popped into Shogun Ramen in town after passing it for years and meaning to go in.

Will keep it short but a very tasty pork ramen, probably the best flavoured broth I've had outside of Asian. Lovely BBQ pork meat and soft boiled egg. The gyozas were nice too and spring rolls tasted good with identifiable filling rather than generic you get in most places.

Would go again for a quick lunch.
Large amount of Asian customers must back up my thoughts too !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here