Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wouldn't happen in Germany/censorship

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I wasn't so much upset by the spelling as by the apparent invitation to the opponents of multiculturalism to come out and spew out their bile. Ignorance is rampant and one indication of this is the inability to spell words like "Ramadan".

I am quite able to express my opposition to multiculturalism without spewing bile. My principal objection to the phenomenon is that it has been imposed on the host community. No political party has ever had a democratic mandate for changing British society beyond recognition. We were entitled to be asked.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I wasn't so much upset by the spelling as by the apparent invitation to the opponents of multiculturalism to come out and spew out their bile. Ignorance is rampant and one indication of this is the inability to spell words like "Ramadan".

it's not bile though is it,it's concern

sure white men attack women,but it's rare,this was 1000 men and due to their religious beliefs women are fare game

it's not happening in Southampton or Firle granted

try convincing all the mother's and daughters affected by these attacks in Germany,that we need these men in our society

oh and by the way,how many of those men that carried out those attacks in Germany can spell Christianity?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The non-reporting of the Cologne assaults is absolutely a story worth highlighting and debating.

The Ramadan / exam thing really is not. Utter non story, instigated by the standard pathetic full front page Daily Mail xenophobic misinformation.

As it goes I am one of those that the Mail states are 'outraged and concerned' about this (the parent of a student taking A-level exams this summer). I've had a little think about it, and have decided that whilst its a MASSIVE issue, and my boy is undoubtably being WRONGED somehow and discrimated against for being white anglo-saxon, that him needing to get up earlier to sit a couple of exams in the morning instead of the afternoon, isn't THAT big a deal.

So it's a Massive issue and undoubtedly your boy is being wronged but it isn't really a big deal.??
Ok. Another ostrich.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Interesting article in the Times about the immigrant based demographic time bomb. All sorts of problems predicted by academics as vast numbers of people arriving in Europe (mainly men) skew the female/male balance in some countries.

Doesn't really take much analysis to work out that welcoming hundreds of thousands of young men from war torn countries with different values/societal norms could be problematic.

No one told Angela though.

She just closed her eyes,covered her ears and allowed it to happen.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The non-reporting of the Cologne assaults is absolutely a story worth highlighting and debating.

The Ramadan / exam thing really is not. Utter non story, instigated by the standard pathetic full front page Daily Mail xenophobic misinformation.

As it goes I am one of those that the Mail states are 'outraged and concerned' about this (the parent of a student taking A-level exams this summer). I've had a little think about it, and have decided that whilst its a MASSIVE issue, and my boy is undoubtably being WRONGED somehow and discrimated against for being white anglo-saxon, that him needing to get up earlier to sit a couple of exams in the morning instead of the afternoon, isn't THAT big a deal.

Although I hear your self congratulatory tone, if you think about it is it ever really worthy of such a change of detail on such an important matter.

I could understand some level of disruption if it was for say illness perhaps some academic or sporting achievement that needed to draw upon peoples support and understanding, but for a religion that quite frankly needs some reasonable challenge right now it is absolutely unforgivable and will inevitably reaffirm those of us that feel they demand a greater priority for their own beliefs than anyone else's.

I couldnt see you or your mates being so supportive of say a Jehovah or or how about our old mate 'Swampy' and his friends after a night in tunnels and up tree's saving the planet, probably not we would demand that they fall into line, but to you Islam seems a more worthy cause and deserves some privileged.

Not for me, Swampy perhaps but not Islam or any other religion for that matter.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Interesting article in the Times about the immigrant based demographic time bomb. All sorts of problems predicted by academics as vast numbers of people arriving in Europe (mainly men) skew the female/male balance in some countries.

Doesn't really take much analysis to work out that welcoming hundreds of thousands of young men from war torn countries with different values/societal norms could be problematic.

No one told Angela though.
I'd guess the 900,000 of the 1 million Germany took in are men and do Germany have enough woman for these highly religious men?or is Merkel hoping these get German woman and they get brainwashed and hidden away behind a burka:glare:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She just closed her eyes,covered her ears and allowed it to happen.

Amazed she hasn't taken more of a hit in the polls although considering the obvious efforts to suppress certain news stories by the German media perhaps people aren't that well informed.

Jan 30, 2008
BBC were no better. Only really reporting it last night.

Oh and apparently we have to move GCSE exams to avoid Rammadam. What the hell is going on.
Errosion of British values its that simple, they either fall in line or **** off , what makes them so special can some one give me a credible answer
regards
DR

I am quite able to express my opposition to multiculturalism without spewing bile. My principal objection to the phenomenon is that it has been imposed on the host community. No political party has ever had a democratic mandate for changing British society beyond recognition. We were entitled to be asked.

British society has been adapting to changing circumstances for hundreds of years. Some of us are proud to recognise this and the benefits that these changes have brought.

Do you REALLY think that we should leave the management of social change to politicians?

Jan 30, 2008
British society has been adapting to changing circumstances for hundreds of years. Some of us are proud to recognise this and the benefits that these changes have brought.

Do you REALLY think that we should leave the management of social change to politicians?
who else is going to implement them then , and this change you talk about had nothing to do with religion and people being offended apart from mary whitehouse
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

is that you telling him
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To be fair i do not believe that children should sit exams on an empty stomach, same as i do not believe anyone fasting for a day can give their best at work.
Sausage, Bacon and Egg is best for the kids prior the exams.

You only have to start practising Ramadan when you reach puberty
i would hate to be the teacher having to check that pupils were not pulling a fast one to get out of exams

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I thought that I heard that it would "only" be a question of moving English and Maths, rather than everything, as they tend to fall at set times. I am not sure, thus, that it would be as simple as you point out. But I can see your point in that in the grand scheme of things, when children have to sit an exam is probably not that important, so long as they are not being disadvantaged.
There is however a link between this and the Cologne story. Again, whilst the issue of moving a few exams is in itself a minor issue, it can also be perceived as yet another step back to accommodate a minority, who must not be offended. The media outlet ZDF in Germany has apologised for trying to suppress the story, for fear of offending a minority under the guise of not wanting to inflame a situation with migration. The disgraceful scenes in German cities and the abuse of vulnerable white girls here is what happens when authorities continually step back for fear of the usual accusation . . .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
British society has been adapting to changing circumstances for hundreds of years. Some of us are proud to recognise this and the benefits that these changes have brought.Do you REALLY think that we should leave the management of social change to politicians?

This is quite true of course, and there have been benefits from migration here in the past. I am sure no one would deny that. But do you seriously think that what we are now seeing is an example of what you are saying?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Shame this thread, under it's 'bouncebackability' credentials ends up about education dates instead of the inhuman treatment of women in Germany and other countries. Really? Dates and changes around religion in education against rape, molestation and assault against women? Yeah I Know what's more important,

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Shame this thread, under it's 'bouncebackability' credentials ends up about education dates instead of the inhuman treatment of women in Germany and other countries. Really? Dates and changes around religion in education against rape, molestation and assault against women? Yeah I Know what's more important,

I agree. Then the deflection of the thread is common, usually ending up with going back to wrong doings by others from centuries ago..... i suppose to some it equals out what is going on in the here and now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here