Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making a Murderer documentary

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Some interesting stuff coming out via Twitter constantly at the moment.

Follow TickTockManitowoc for the best stuff, plus ZellnerLaw

There’s books and everything available (Wrecking Crew is supposed to be the best recent one) -even one from Ken Kratz!

The whole story is incredible and unbelievable in equal measure.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Does the second series move it on much from the original series? To what extent is it worth watching?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you finish series 2 and are hungry for similar fare may I suggest The Staircase? Gripping. Did he do it? I dunno but I didn’t trust the bloke from the start he just makes too much effort to be nice, reasonable and All - American. but watch and make your own mind up.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
If you finish series 2 and are hungry for similar fare may I suggest The Staircase? Gripping. Did he do it? I dunno but I didn’t trust the bloke from the start he just makes too much effort to be nice, reasonable and All - American. but watch and make your own mind up.
I totally echo this. Another great did-he-do-it series.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

The Staircase is crazy. What I found out after watching, was that Peterson was dating one of the production or editing staff all throughout filming!

Just had a quick Google:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ircase-helped-overturn-murder-conviction.html

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Staircase is crazy. What I found out after watching, was that Peterson was dating one of the production or editing staff all throughout filming!

Just had a quick Google:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ircase-helped-overturn-murder-conviction.html

Well I never! He had certainly had media training but to me he came across as fake and try-hard. He certainly had an interesting background with his military background and “colourful” love life. And his finances were a shambles by all accounts.
I simply didn’t like the bloke though and that probably clouded my judgement.

That’s a great article by the way. Some important facts that were edited out of the series.

Last edited:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Well I never! He had certainly had media training but to me he came across as fake and try-hard. He certainly had an interesting background with his military background and “colourful” love life. And his finances were a shambles by all accounts.
I simply didn’t like the bloke though and that probably clouded my judgement.

That’s a great article by the way. Some important facts that were edited out of the series.

I agree I really didnt like the bloke either, like you say a bit of a 'try hard', like the way he smoked on his pipe etc after I watched the documentary though I did some research (ive forgotten most of it though haha) but there was alot of stuff left out, like his relationship with editor for example and I think one of his sons got arrested for trying to blow up his University or something! I felt sorry for the two daughters out of all of them though, poor girls basically lost their mother (twice) and their Dad.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree I really didnt like the bloke either, like you say a bit of a 'try hard', like the way he smoked on his pipe etc after I watched the documentary though I did some research (ive forgotten most of it though haha) but there was alot of stuff left out, like his relationship with editor for example and I think one of his sons got arrested for trying to blow up his University or something! I felt sorry for the two daughters out of all of them though, poor girls basically lost their mother (twice) and their Dad.

The males in that family were a line of utter F-ups. As you say, the women were the ones suffering. Although the daughters agreed with him whatever he said, it seemed to me to be placation and I think they were scared of him.
Also despite all the bluff and bluster he only ever got off on a technicality.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The males in that family were a line of utter F-ups. As you say, the women were the ones suffering. Although the daughters agreed with him whatever he said, it seemed to me to be placation and I think they were scared of him.
Also despite all the bluff and bluster he only ever got off on a technicality.

I dont necessarily think they were scared of him (although they may well had been) but I just think that they had lost so much family already, they just did not want to believe he had done it and lose their father too. As you say they just seemed believed whatever he said, pretty much no questions asked.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dont necessarily think they were scared of him (although they may well had been) but I just think that they had lost so much family already, they just did not want to believe he had done it and lose their father too. As you say they just seemed believed whatever he said, pretty much no questions asked.

Very good point. He made me feel uneasy and I only saw him on screen, I don’t think I’d want to be in a room with the man. Especially if there was a staircase nearby :)

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Wow, just finished the ten parter.

The makers of Making a Murderer and Netflix don't come out of it too well, makes you cynical about 'documentaries' in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here