Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making a Murderer documentary

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Brilliant and incredible viewing.

We should all be grateful that we live in the UK. While our justice system is nowhere near perfect, I have no doubt he would have been found not guilty had the trial been here. I speak from the perspective of having been a defendant, witness and juror in the past.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Brilliant and incredible viewing.

We should all be grateful that we live in the UK. While our justice system is nowhere near perfect, I have no doubt he would have been found not guilty had the trial been here. I speak from the perspective of having been a defendant, witness and juror in the past.
You'd like to think that. There have been enough cases of guilty people subsequently being proved innocent that I'm not so certain.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
For me, Ken Kratz won the prosecution case in the summing up. In response to the defence stating that they thought the police had planted evidence to secure a conviction of a man they believed to be guilty but could not prove, he said something like, if that is the case, then it does not matter that evidence may have been planted because they had done it to a guilty person, and the jury should return a guilty verdict.
Effectively saying, you can trust these cops, even if they have planted evidence, they did it because they know for sure he is guilty.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
-- In the months leading up to Halbach's disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.
-- Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn't want to go out to Avery's trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.
-- On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I'm not convinced in the strength of a jury system.

I was under the impression that it's a jury's job to conclude whether the prosecution has done enough to convince you BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that the defendant is guilty of the charge the prosecutions sets forth, but from watching this and numerous other 'true crime' documentaries it seems like jurors make the decision of whether they think the defendant did it or not regardless of if the prosecution proved it beyond reasonable doubt or not.

Worrying

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
There was a new program shown recently in the States 'Steven Avery - Innocent or Guilty?' which mentions the evidence left on the cutting room floor by the documentary makers.

One significant point I noticed, Ken Kratz was listing all the damning evidence against Avery and said "...the bones that were placed just yards from Avery's trailer door..."

Not 'discovered'. Not 'found'. Not even 'burned'.

It's almost as if he was subconsciously acknowledging that someone had 'placed' them there...

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Some thoughts;
Was there any evidence that the blood swabs from the car that were tested for the chemical were Stephens, they could have been swabs of Theresa's blood or a random sample from anywhere. They needed to be crosschecked for Avery's DNA.
In the Brendan s case he was prosecuted for mutilation but Avery was found innocent. Even kratz acknowledged that the murder was carried out in the garage and the mutilation probably didn't occur, but then contradict s himself in dasseys trial.
The part of the tape where Brendan says they got to my head was not shown to the jury, why?
On the other side of the argument why didn't Avery give testimony?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm completely hooked, it's so gripping!
Can't stop binge watching, episode after episode!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here