Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney Todd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The West has a problem with Islam. Islam has a problem with the West. The mutual antipathy will only increase. At the moment, we have the worst combination of circumstances: meddling in Muslim countries, bombing them, radicalising their people thereby; and letting millions of Muslims into the West, many of whom have been radicalised by the aforesaid meddling, to add to the disaffected and radicalised millions that are already in the West.
    Don't forget exaggeration, there tends to be a lot of that too.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      I don't like Islam but we cannot generalise that rape is specific to it. It's a bad human trait.

Do you remember the murder of Louise Jensen in Cyprus?
      Yes i do, it was committed by 3 greenjackets, you know it was, so why not just put that instead of waiting to deliver some kind of cyber coup de grace to somebody in the thread.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sir albion View Post
      Let's not worry though as the politicians and wonderful leaders won't be affected one little bit.
      Unless pigs are involved I guess...

0 Not allowed!
      There was a time when this sort of thing happened where the culprits doing this would have been strung up and their country invaded.
      Banned

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by alfredmizen View Post
      Yes i do, it was committed by 3 greenjackets, you know it was, so why not just put that instead of waiting to deliver some kind of cyber coup de grace to somebody in the thread.
      A bit sensitive today then.

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      No comparison I'm afraid, western people may get drunk and completely make fool's of themselves partake in drugs and may well be disrespectful. However gang rape, and the threat of terrorism is not on the average western tourists mind or part of there idealism.
      Apart from the thousands of British, European, American, Australian (etc) men who take themselves off to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc to have sex with the local children of course.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Soulman View Post
      I can not disagree with your post, however one big point that is very important is that "radicalisation"/involvement of the West in the incidents in the report on this thread, i do not think are the reasons. The treatment of women such as gang raping and stoning goes on a lot in the Middle East as part of the culture.... it may not seem wrong or out of the norm by many. In the case being debated it could just be that these gang rapers are doing what is acceptable where they come from and would happen without the said radicalisation and involvement of the West.
      These people have chosen to leave their countries for a better life and should respect and adhere to the laws of their chosen country and culture.
      Your right about the culture thing, and certainly has nothing to do with our involvement. I think what gets me annoyed the most is that our politicians talk about moderate Islam and yet on the same note we have Sharia Courts operating in this country, that to me is not moderate Islam, not when I have seen how Sharia is used in other countries, which also links to what you talk about above. Honestly I don't think they know what moderate Islam is anymore.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      Your right about the culture thing, and certainly has nothing to do with our involvement. I think what gets me annoyed the most is that our politicians talk about moderate Islam and yet on the same note we have Sharia Courts operating in this country, that to me is not moderate Islam, not when I have seen how Sharia is used in other countries, which also links to what you talk about above. Honestly I don't think they know what moderate Islam is anymore.
      Religious cultural exploitation certainly is unique to Islam. You wouldn't get widespread abuse of women and children in the Catholic Church for example, we just don't do that sort of thing culturally in the West...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Apart from the thousands of British, European, American, Australian (etc) men who take themselves off to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc to have sex with the local children of course.
      Is it acceptable in our culture ? no its not , is what happened in cologne acceptable in middle eastern culture ? If youve ever been on holiday there you'll know that it is , all in all a piss poor attempt at deflection on your part , I'm interested as to why you feel the need to do so, it seems to be a regular thing with you edna.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      Very good point, anyone taking advantage of children or women is despicable even worse if you hide behind religion as an excuse to justify such acts, be they Muslim, Catholic or any other religion before you have a go.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"