Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wouldnt happen In Germany

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The West has a problem with Islam. Islam has a problem with the West. The mutual antipathy will only increase. At the moment, we have the worst combination of circumstances: meddling in Muslim countries, bombing them, radicalising their people thereby; and letting millions of Muslims into the West, many of whom have been radicalised by the aforesaid meddling, to add to the disaffected and radicalised millions that are already in the West.

Don't forget exaggeration, there tends to be a lot of that too. :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't like Islam but we cannot generalise that rape is specific to it. It's a bad human trait.

Do you remember the murder of Louise Jensen in Cyprus?
Yes i do, it was committed by 3 greenjackets, you know it was, so why not just put that instead of waiting to deliver some kind of cyber coup de grace to somebody in the thread.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
There was a time when this sort of thing happened where the culprits doing this would have been strung up and their country invaded.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
No comparison I'm afraid, western people may get drunk and completely make fool's of themselves partake in drugs and may well be disrespectful. However gang rape, and the threat of terrorism is not on the average western tourists mind or part of there idealism.

Apart from the thousands of British, European, American, Australian (etc) men who take themselves off to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc to have sex with the local children of course.

D

Deleted member 22389

I can not disagree with your post, however one big point that is very important is that "radicalisation"/involvement of the West in the incidents in the report on this thread, i do not think are the reasons. The treatment of women such as gang raping and stoning goes on a lot in the Middle East as part of the culture.... it may not seem wrong or out of the norm by many. In the case being debated it could just be that these gang rapers are doing what is acceptable where they come from and would happen without the said radicalisation and involvement of the West.
These people have chosen to leave their countries for a better life and should respect and adhere to the laws of their chosen country and culture.

Your right about the culture thing, and certainly has nothing to do with our involvement. I think what gets me annoyed the most is that our politicians talk about moderate Islam and yet on the same note we have Sharia Courts operating in this country, that to me is not moderate Islam, not when I have seen how Sharia is used in other countries, which also links to what you talk about above. Honestly I don't think they know what moderate Islam is anymore.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Your right about the culture thing, and certainly has nothing to do with our involvement. I think what gets me annoyed the most is that our politicians talk about moderate Islam and yet on the same note we have Sharia Courts operating in this country, that to me is not moderate Islam, not when I have seen how Sharia is used in other countries, which also links to what you talk about above. Honestly I don't think they know what moderate Islam is anymore.

Religious cultural exploitation certainly is unique to Islam. You wouldn't get widespread abuse of women and children in the Catholic Church for example, we just don't do that sort of thing culturally in the West...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Apart from the thousands of British, European, American, Australian (etc) men who take themselves off to Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc to have sex with the local children of course.
Is it acceptable in our culture ? no its not , is what happened in cologne acceptable in middle eastern culture ? If youve ever been on holiday there you'll know that it is , all in all a piss poor attempt at deflection on your part , I'm interested as to why you feel the need to do so, it seems to be a regular thing with you edna.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Very good point, anyone taking advantage of children or women is despicable even worse if you hide behind religion as an excuse to justify such acts, be they Muslim, Catholic or any other religion before you have a go.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Is it acceptable in our culture ? no its not , is what happened in cologne acceptable in middle eastern culture ? If youve ever been on holiday there you'll know that it is , all in all a piss poor attempt at deflection on your part , I'm interested as to why you feel the need to do so, it seems to be a regular thing with you edna.

I, meanwhile, am interested as to why you- a Chelsea supporter by your own admission- feel the need to persistently start threads on a Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club internet forum on the subjects of race, immigration, Muslims, Islamic radicalisation, and so on. Seems to be a regular thing with you, old chap.

Maybe it's just what we're like, eh? :wave:

For what it's worth, of the places mentioned, I've been to Egypt, Dubai, Qatar, Cambodia, Vietnam and also Cologne. I'm pretty sure I didn't speak to anybody in any of those places who thought it would be a good thing to rape me or any other female. My Mum grew up in Bahrain and also survived unscathed.

I guess maybe it could just be that some Muslims think it's acceptable to rape women, or to kill kuffars, just like some guys in this country think it's OK to have sex with 12 year olds. Isn't that the case with all of this? That there are always some? Not all?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Children, many of whom are being pimped out by their parents and family members. The ready supply of children for sex in some of those countries is shocking and you'd be a fool to suggest it is just Europeans and westerners that are partaking in this despicable activity since there are equal numbers of Asian men and many others of other origins using children for sex also. So I think its a bit disingenuous to try and counter the abomination of 1000 men of mainly North African and arabic descent going on a sexual assault spree against german women by trying to suggest that 'Western' men are just as bad because they use children for sex in other countries. Both events are horrific but I think people have every right to question the culture and by association the religion of those 1000 men involved because they are clearly large causation factors in their completely disgusting and unacceptable behaviour.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I, meanwhile, am interested as to why you- a Chelsea supporter by your own admission- feel the need to persistently start threads on a Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club internet forum on the subjects of race, immigration, Muslims, Islamic radicalisation, and so on. Seems to be a regular thing with you, old chap.

Maybe it's just what we're like, eh? :wave:

For what it's worth, of the places mentioned, I've been to Egypt, Dubai, Qatar, Cambodia, Vietnam and also Cologne. I'm pretty sure I didn't speak to anybody in any of those places who thought it would be a good thing to rape me or any other female. My Mum grew up in Bahrain and also survived unscathed.

I guess maybe it could just be that some Muslims think it's acceptable to rape women, or to kill kuffars, just like some guys in this country think it's OK to have sex with 12 year olds. Isn't that the case with all of this? That there are always some? Not all?
you know full well why i am on here , you even spoke to me in the pub about 2 weeks ago , so the faux innocence is a bit lame, and NO its not just SOME who are blemishing the reputation of the thousands of muslims, ask around in rotherham about what goes on, second thoughts ,dont bother, youre a copper , you'd just brush it under the carpet to avoid any nasty racism accusations.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
you know full well why i am on here , you even spoke to me in the pub about 2 weeks ago , so the faux innocence is a bit lame .

Faux innocence? Not at all. I understand you're a bit of a part time Albion observer, that's not in dispute. My point was about the incessant threads on this sort of subject. As you well know :)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I didn't want to write what happened on this thread, but if by not doing so and it has upset your sensitive nature I won't lose any sleep over it.
Course you didnt, thats why you posted her name and asked if anyone remembered the case.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Obviously happened, obviously disgraceful, obvious use of gang rape to score cheap points on a football forum. Nice one.

So are we saying all male immigrants are rapists? Rapists and terrorists? Terrorists with rapey tendencies? And if not, how do you guys propose we should weed out the bad ones?

No, but about 1,000 of them teamed up together to commit a racially aggravated crime, if the white men did this to Muslim/Arab women this board would be in leftie meltdown.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Faux innocence? Not at all. I understand you're a bit of a part time Albion observer, that's not in dispute. My point was about the incessant threads on this sort of subject. As you well know :)
part time ?? i go to a lot more games than some of the so called lifelong fans on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here