Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'd have been happy with him at the 10-15 million figures being rumoured in January, so assuming we get him signed for 6 million thanks to his release clause, then I think we've got an absolute bargain.

This. An absolute steal at 6 million.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
This. An absolute steal at 6 million.

Maybe say that again. Can't say I'd ever thought we'd be uttering it ten years ago.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Maybe say that again. Can't say I'd ever thought we'd be uttering it ten years ago.

Same for me, was in disbelief at the fees for Jose and Locadia. Unfortunately we can't afford to think small anymore, we are in a division where the income is astronomical and we need to compete.

Leicester just signed a quality fullback from Porto today, for 25M. Having watched him play a number of times I really don't think they will be struggling next season.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Same for me, was in disbelief at the fees for Jose and Locadia. Unfortunately we can't afford to think small anymore, we are in a division where the income is astronomical and we need to compete.

Leicester just signed a quality fullback from Porto today, for 25M. Having watched him play a number of times I really don't think they will be struggling next season.

Till the players down tools and want rid of the manager

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Simply an upgrade on Hemed, or a replacement for Murray?

I'd say a replacement for Hemed.

1 goal in 26 at international level

5 goals in 20 in his 1st season in the La Liga

12 in 37 in his 2nd spell in La Liga

7 in 22 in his 3rd and final la Liga season.

Doesn't look like he's going to be Murray's replacement based on that goal scoring record.

£6m looks a fair price to me.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'd say a replacement for Hemed.

1 goal in 26 at international level

5 goals in 20 in his 1st season in the La Liga

12 in 37 in his 2nd spell in La Liga

7 in 22 in his 3rd and final la Liga season.

Doesn't look like he's going to be Murray's replacement based on that goal scoring record.

£6m looks a fair price to me.

What's Murray's goals to games ratio in the Premier League?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Aren't we looking to improve?

Locadia is Murray's replacement.
Andone looks like he's going to be a utility man who may be effective on the wings with the way we play. I really doubt CH has given up on Locadia already.

Is he? He's going to have to improve astronomically in the air, holding up the ball and general first touch if he is.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Someone like Davy Pröpper or Pascal Groß would fit that bill - but I can’t see us picking them up cheaply.

Oh and Location, location, location (someone had to).

So you've named two players that we already have and you want more of the same. The trouble is that we have been in defensive mode this season and CHs job has been to keep us up which he has done. Some have critised Solly and taken aim at Murray but given that our midfield have had to support our defence in almost every match we simply have not had the option of creativity both in midfield and up front. We really need two quality fullbacks to helpd us build on.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I have so much confidence in the recruitment team after last season that I wouldn’t be so foolish as to question any decision they make now. They will undoubtedly have the odd failure but they clearly know what they are doing and know far more about this than anyone on here!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have so much confidence in the recruitment team after last season that I wouldn’t be so foolish as to question any decision they make now. They will undoubtedly have the odd failure but they clearly know what they are doing and know far more about this than anyone on here!

Exactly this.
They did us proud in the championship, so keep on the good work.
Why change something that ain't broke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Correct.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

But that doesn’t stop us writing off players after a couple of duff performances in pre season friendlies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here