Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Google translate :

The meetings of Carmelo del Pozo with the staff are clarifying the panorama of the campus. Andone, Schär and Sidnei are three players that the Dépor puts in the window, waiting for some team to decide to go for them.

The one who has it clear is Andone . Seduced by English football since last August, when a last offer from Brighton on the last day of the market prompted a request to leave the club. Now, the Premier team is clear that it will satisfy their desire and wait until July 1 to pay the 6 million clause. The wait could be shortened, given that the history of Romanian is written and wait until that date nothing would contribute to any of the parties.

The thought just a few short years ago that Brighton wanting a player enough for him to ask for a transfer from a La Liga club to come to us was just unthinkable, well it was to me anyway.

I’m from the “we’ll pay for a tank of petrol a month” to swing a players decision era. :lolol:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Right lets do this properly:-

Brighton ‘close to signing’ Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...-Rumours-Gossip/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Andone, 25, is a long-term target for Brighton and is available for just £5.2m (€6m) after Deportivo were relegated from La Liga.

“Brighton are close to signing striker Florin Andone from Deportivo,” Spanish football expert Balague said. “He scored 19 goals in 48 games for Deportivo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florin_Andone

View attachment 97052

https://www.transfermarkt.com/florin-andone/profil/spieler/177065

View attachment 97053

• Direct, a good few first time shots from crosses
  • Likes to run at defenders.
  • Used to playing in Blue and White Stripes,even though their's are a little thicker.
  • Has pace.
  • Cheap.

Good to go I think.
Let's get him in!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Right lets do this properly:-

Brighton ‘close to signing’ Deportivo La Coruna striker Florin Andone

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...-Rumours-Gossip/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Andone, 25, is a long-term target for Brighton and is available for just £5.2m (€6m) after Deportivo were relegated from La Liga.

“Brighton are close to signing striker Florin Andone from Deportivo,” Spanish football expert Balague said. “He scored 19 goals in 48 games for Deportivo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florin_Andone

View attachment 97052

https://www.transfermarkt.com/florin-andone/profil/spieler/177065

View attachment 97053

(Mildly) interesting fact: The third song in that video is by a producer called Wizard who is from Sussex. Small world.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
The thought just a few short years ago that Brighton wanting a player enough for him to ask for a transfer from a La Liga club to come to us was just unthinkable, well it was to me anyway.

I’m from the “we’ll pay for a tank of petrol a month” to swing a players decision era. :lolol:

Didn't we sign Colunga straight from the La Liga a few short years ago?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Sounds an absolute bargain at that price! Would personally take him over Ulloa, Hemed or Baldock.

I agree. Location and Andone would provide much needed pace through the middle with Murray and one of Baldock or Hemed as back up or plan B options. If we pick up the creative midfielder we desperately need to feed the them the through balls to chase, I would be very optimistic for our chances to progress upwards next season.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I agree. Location and Andone would provide much needed pace through the middle with Murray and one of Baldock or Hemed as back up or plan B options. If we pick up the creative midfielder we desperately need to feed the them the through balls to chase, I would be very optimistic for our chances to progress upwards next season.

Someone like Davy Pröpper or Pascal Groß would fit that bill - but I can’t see us picking them up cheaply.

Oh and Location, location, location (someone had to).

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Someone like Davy Pröpper or Pascal Groß would fit that bill - but I can’t see us picking them up cheaply.

Oh and Location, location, location (someone had to).

Neither Propper or Gross are creative midfielders in the mould of a Shaquiri or dare I say it a Vicente. Propper and Stephens are great at what they do which is more of a holding or defensive midfield style.

As for location, I would find a place for him.!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Neither Propper or Gross are creative midfielders in the mould of a Shaquiri or dare I say it a Vicente. Propper and Stephens are great at what they do which is more of a holding or defensive midfield style.

I disagree. Proper is a much better attacking midfielder than a defensive one. He's very good at drawing in opposition players and beating them with a deft touch. If you see his highlights reel for PSV, all his best bits are around the the oppositions penalty area. His strengths seem to be linking up and threading through forward runners.
Stephens too isn't really a defensive minded midfielder. He's a lot more box to box. I think we need a midfielder in the mould of Dembele (spurs) We need someone who likes to sit back and control our own area.

That Doucare (however you spell his name) of Watford looks ideal.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
https://twitter.com/mundodeportivo/status/997818099050205184

Florin Andone has almost done it with Brighton
The Romanian striker, if confirmed, would for the first time abandon Spanish professional football

Florin Andone, during a rally with Deportivo

Florin Andone, during a concentration with Deportivo (Daniel Otero - Daniel Otero / GTRES)
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
SEND BY MAIL
MUNDODEPORTIVO.COM
Updated at 05-19-2018 12:52
It was dropped by the president, Tino Fernández , last Tuesday in an interview for La Voz de Galicia. "I think Andone is not going to continue, but I do not know. Nothing advanced, "he said. Today the British press, specifically the Daily Star, reports that the Romanian forward has almost done with the Brighton , which would pay little more than 5 million pounds (about 6 million euros).

Florin Andone has been playing in Spain since 2011: Castellón, Atlético Baleares, the Villarreal branch, Córdoba and Deportivo are the clubs with which he has made a name for himself in our football and which will now be used to make the jump to another European league .

This season has scored 6 goals and 3 assists, which have not served to prevent the decline of the Coruña club. His best record was in 2015/2016 with Córdoba in second division, with 21 goals in 36 games.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Propper isn't a creative midfielder? Blimey.

We're playing him in a deeper position than he is used to and he still creates. Personally I would love to see what he can do behind the striker but we have a bloke kinda in form there currently.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd have been happy with him at the 10-15 million figures being rumoured in January, so assuming we get him signed for 6 million thanks to his release clause, then I think we've got an absolute bargain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here