Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If there is any truth to this bid, it at least demonstrates a willingness and ability to spend big (by our standards, at least) money for the right player.
To be honest I'd never doubted the willingness or ability. We offered around £8m for Pratchard, and that was without the PL money. We also had a decent bid for Dwamena accepted, but that too wasn't to be. It's just whether we can find someone we want who wants to join us and will be allowed to leave.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Only relevant as a sum if the parent club doesn't wish to sell.

According to Wikipedia:

In August 2017, Deportivo La Coruña turned down a €13 million offer for the player from Premier League side Burnley, with club president Tino Fernández stating that Andone would only leave if his €30 million euro release clause is activated

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is a bit like being back at the school disco and only being left with fatty mingers :-(

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Saw him give Real Madrid a tough time in La Liga on sky earlier this season. Depor lost, but he was a real thorn in their side. He did miss one decent chance though. Get him in!

Indeed. Gave Ramos all sorts of trouble first half. Less said the better about his penalty attempt....

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
If there is any truth to this bid, it at least demonstrates a willingness and ability to spend big (by our standards, at least) money for the right player.

If I walked into Aston Martin and offered twenty quid and a half eaten pack of monster munch, would that show intent of buying? I'm guessing I'd swiftly be ushered to the door as we probably have been with this.
Clubs know we're desperate so silly money will no doubt be silly-silly money now. Would have been best if the Murray news had been kept quiet, at least until Friday.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Clubs know we're desperate so silly money will no doubt be silly-silly money now.

As well as players, their leech-like families and agents, when it comes to signing on fees and wages.

The final whistle in the Wigan game, to the close of this transfer window, equates to 3,270 hours.

Just 33 hours, or circa 1%, remain!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
According to Wikipedia:

In August 2017, Deportivo La Coruña turned down a €13 million offer for the player from Premier League side Burnley, with club president Tino Fernández stating that Andone would only leave if his €30 million euro release clause is activated

Yeah of course, and Sir Alex Ferguson said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus before pretty much driving Ronaldo down there a few days later.

All part of the transfer game. As with Stephens and us, they may want to keep him, and the release clause is therefore the only chance, but likewise they may really need the cash and are holding out for £18m or something.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here