Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I disagree. If it's possible to determine whose fault this is, they have some explaining to do to TB, not to us.

We're not owed anything, the money we spend doesn't cover half of what our club has cost. I'm annoyed that the club seem to have messed up, but that doesn't mean they need to apologies or justify their mistakes to me.

I appreciate where you are coming from but at the end of the day the paying 'customers' were promised a squad that could compete in the Premier League. That doesn't appear to have materialised IMO (I will be delighted to be proved wrong) and therefore I think heads should roll if we don't pull something out of the bag. No striker all transfer window is negligent not just unlucky

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Florin at 5'9 is still short so it's more about pace than him holding the ball up or winning headers. It depends on how we want to play at a particular stage of a game but our big men are Hemmed and Murray whether we get Florin or not.

No you were talking about playing Iz key air dough up front. I merely pointed out he was 5'6 and that would be impossible on his own

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We're cursed. Always have been, from Hereford to here ;)

Chin up, 1-10-0 is hard to break down and 35 more draws will see us stay up

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Naylor tweet suggests an agreement has been reached on SOMEONE and just needs finalising before 1am to satisfy late paperwork clause.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It is on the late paper process. Top poker from the lizard. They held out for release clause of 30, and got nothing like that.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What a load of crap, we have seen evidence of who they have tried to bring in but it isn't like football manager poor any other computer game but real life where other clubs and / or the players involved can stop deals happening regardless of what the buying club try to do

There is often a reliance on other players moving on or the selling club signing a replacement first which allows several deals to go through

I completely understand what you are saying but having been promoted in April do you not think that signing one striker since then would be a must? Signing a bloody third choice goalkeeper yet only having one fit striker at this moment in time is ridiculous (I'd nothing permanent even a loan would do)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Tony had to fork out the €30 million release fee at 22.59pm ? ???

*eek*

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
So all these strikers we've been linked with throughout the summer, the failed medical, Abraham choosing Swansea etc, was all a load of shite because we were waiting until the final day?

Not saying it was "a load of shite" - But do you think it's right we cannot sign a main striker over the course of 150+ days for the most glaringly obvious position in the squad that needs filling?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The fee and contract duration must be submitted by 11, and all the other guff paper by 1am. I understand that has happened.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I disagree. If it's possible to determine whose fault this is, they have some explaining to do to TB, not to us.

We're not owed anything, the money we spend doesn't cover half of what our club has cost. I'm annoyed that the club seem to have messed up, but that doesn't mean they need to apologies or justify their mistakes to me.

Excellent post. I wouldn't like to be the guy explaining his cock-up to The Lizard.....

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I completely understand what you are saying but having been promoted in April do you not think that signing one striker since then would be a must? Signing a bloody third choice goalkeeper yet only having one fit striker at this moment in time is ridiculous (I'd nothing permanent even a loan would do)

Do you not think they were trying to sign a striker alongside a third choice goalkeeper?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here