Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would be happy with this guy for €10 million

Bearing in mind that is what the club we're about to pay for a second division striker in Switzerland, I should jolly well hope so.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
But we reportedly had a €20mill bid turned down on deadline day so what on earth makes people think they’ll take €10mill???

Reportedly being the word here. Not to mention that and he’s hardly been playing in the ensuing 4 months means that whatever we bid on deadline day in August isn’t likely to go up when we have another month to conclude business.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we reportedly had a €20mill bid turned down on deadline day so what on earth makes people think they’ll take €10mill???

Why would the club start at €20m?

The fella hasn't started for them since mid Oct.
Has only scored 3 goals, and wasn't even in the 18 for their recent game v Barca.

At least the club appears to have learned one lesson from the Summer:-

Lowballing the transfer bid on the 28th Dec, is a better time to start than the 28th Jan.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Can’t help thinking from looking at his stats he’s a Hemed clone - “hardworking” seems to be the buzzword, he’s the same height 6’0” and has a fairly average goal scoring record at club level and 1 goal in 21 for Romania. He even looks a bit like Tomer!
Hopefully he’s an upgrade on Hemed seeing as we reportedly bid 20 mill euros in August?

But he has something Tomer will never have.... pace!

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Why would the club start at €20m?

The fella hasn't started for them since mid Oct.
Has only scored 3 goals, and wasn't even in the 18 for their recent game v Barca.

At least the club appears to have learned one lesson from the Summer:-

Lowballing the transfer bid on the 28th Dec, is a better time to start than the 28th Jan.

Of course they won’t start at €20mil (I don’t think I said we would?), I just find it hard to believe DLC will entertain a bid of half that amount? If anything prices have gone up since August and they seemingly want to sell so will be holding out for a lot more and we won’t be the only buying club this window

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course they won’t start at €20mill but I find it hard to believe DLC will even entertain half that amount? If anything prices have gone up since August and they seemingly want to sell so will be holding out for a lot more and we won’t be the only buying club this window

That'll be the gamble the Albion are playing with.
I'm of the 'ah f**k it' school of financial management, which is why I have no money.
At the very least I'd have started the bidding high enough to be interesting.

Rumoured to be lowballing DlC is a dangerous game to play, esp when it seems like half of the Premier League need a striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deportivo's next game isn't until 07.01.18, so we have a lot of speculating time until their next team sheet.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
What? So that means they’ll take half the amount they were offered 4 months ago?
No, it means they now want to cash in. Absolutely no way they’ll sell an international striker for €10mill in this climate

Burnley's original bid for him wasn't far off that figure though when they were thinking of him as a replacement for Gray. It wouldn't surprise me if that 10.8m figure being bandied about is the 'base' figure though. You would expect them to build in a % of next sale clause and also another good size payment if we avoid relegation this year.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What? So that means they’ll take half the amount they were offered 4 months ago?
No, it means they now want to cash in. Absolutely no way they’ll sell an international striker for €10mill in this climate

It means that, unlike before, they see no future for him at the club. And his form since the move fell through on deadline day will also have harmed his value, form that possibly suggests he is no longer playing to his full potential because he badly wants to move.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Denbele v Andone, both similarly priced, we're starting in the right place. Not many PL teams will be wanting a striker sat on the bench or not even in the squad on their hit list, he may not be on the radar of as many clubs as is being purported on here.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Denbele v Andone, both similarly priced, we're starting in the right place. Not many PL teams will be wanting a striker sat on the bench or not even in the squad on their hit list, he may not be on the radar of as many clubs as is being purported on here.

Many times there is a legitimate reason for that. You get what you pay for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Because he's hardly played since October (apparently, according to some posters on here) so won't be fully match fit until about the end of February - so he's not as valuable?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Nobody will pay 20 million for him now, well I don't think so anyway.

I'm pretty sure his value wont have halved, but I don't think its unreasonable that 13 million could get it done

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here