Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess this is the last :bounce: before we :wave: goodbye to Florin, for this window, at least.

Scored the 2nd goal earlier v Lavante.

In a game highlighted by the return of Roger Marti :thumbsup:

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Get French Football Twitter (@GFFN) page saying Bordeaux (Gus) are in for Andone, loan to buy.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
For that money we should be all over it you would think.

I don't particularly blame him for not coming last time, we came in late in the window, a newly promoted side and he was settled in Spain in a side that shouldn't have got relegated.

We need 2 up top he would be a nice start.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
For that money we should be all over it you would think.

I don't particularly blame him for not coming last time, we came in late in the window, a newly promoted side and he was settled in Spain in a side that shouldn't have got relegated.

I doubt it was his decision anyway. Obviously he made the right noises in public for his present employer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wondered if we'd go back in for him. Considering we were willing to pay 18m euros last summer anything under 10 seems a no brainer if we can get him.

That depends:-

- How well can he defend.
- Is he a headerer of the ball.
- How long will it take to 'school' him.
- Does he mind being back up to Ulloa & Murray.
- Can he play in the mythic 'system'.
- Can he play in a position he wasn't bought to play in.
- Will he come good in the 2019/20 season.
- Will he be injured for 2 weeks in August, thus limiting his chances to play for 6 months.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Still only 25 their player of the season last year plays a number 10 role cut price got to be worth a punt

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
At €18m we were potentially a single option for him so he had less bargaining power. It could be hard to get him at €6m. There'll be a lot of competition at that cut-price with a lot of clubs subsidising the low fee with high wages/signing fee.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Still only 25 their player of the season last year plays a number 10 role cut price got to be worth a punt

This is the point though, he isn't "just" a number ten. He is more of a 9 if anything. It is just that he can play as support striker as well as up top on his own and he defends from the front. Very aggressive and industrious. Many will raise eyebrows but think Ashley Barnes and you are not a million miles off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
That depends:-

- How well can he defend.
- Is he a headerer of the ball.
- How long will it take to 'school' him.
- Does he mind being back up to Ulloa & Murray.
- Can he play in the mythic 'system'.
- Can he play in a position he wasn't bought to play in.
- Will he come good in the 2019/20 season.
- Will he be injured for 2 weeks in August, thus limiting his chances to play for 6 months.

This is Probably best ignored. But why would you play Locadia upfront over Murray?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is Probably best ignored. But why would you play Locadia upfront over Murray?
Sadly I'm going to have to answer one question with 2 questions.
Clearly my points reference all the Locadia excuses that have been trotted out since the Burnley game.

When playing a comparatively comfortable game, certainly the most comfortable match left this season, yet one completely toothless up front:-

Why swap Murray for Ulloa, leaving Locadia on the bench?
Why pay £15,000,000 for a player and not use him?

Anyone would think the most striker conservative manager has joined the most inept striker buying club.

(now look what you've made me do, I've set off the Chailey hotline)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
This is the point though, he isn't "just" a number ten. He is more of a 9 if anything. It is just that he can play as support striker as well as up top on his own and he defends from the front. Very aggressive and industrious. Many will raise eyebrows but think Ashley Barnes and you are not a million miles off.

Then it's even more of a yes from me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here