Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wonder if there is actual substance to that, or just a bit of noise to try and bump the price up for a player that has been clearly out of favour all season?

Well you'll see when they pick the team for Sunday's match i guess. Not sure why everything a coach does or says is some sort of mind game to sell a player.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well you'll see when they pick the team for Sunday's match i guess. Not sure why everything a coach does or says is some sort of mind game to sell a player.

Not "everything" is. However, if a few words are perceived to have a bearing on the asking price of a player, why wouldn't he try it? Even if it impacts the price by 5%, that's probably £1m - which despite the ludicrous sums in football, is actually a LOT of money.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
They played Andone and Adrian in a two and then Andone with Perez earlier in the season before abandoning it. It does make sense but why now? I am still of the opinion that Andone is someone we should be trying hard for but maybe the pacier type is again favoured? Time will tell.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When previous transfer rumours are bounced, can we please agree to go through the tried-and-tested loop...

- How good he is (note: wiki link and crude analysis of goals per game is sufficient)
- Highlights reel (choose the one with the worst Europop soundtrack)
- Picture of WAG (clothing optional)

...just so any late-comers get the all-important information straight away.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Will also just add that Villareal away is not the fixture you would ordinarily choose to change back to 4-4-2 so we shall see...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

I would suspect that everything now centres on money, Dembele this, that or something else. Its all froth to us but its an attempt to drive the price up, its a market and everyone is leveraging their position, so yes I listen and take what I want from it, but we're not the intended recipients, we don't pay the money.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not "everything" is. However, if a few words are perceived to have a bearing on the asking price of a player, why wouldn't he try it? Even if it impacts the price by 5%, that's probably £1m - which despite the ludicrous sums in football, is actually a LOT of money.

can you imagine what Hughton would say if Bloom/Barber asked him to talk up a player or even pick a player for a game in the window to bump up his price.
I guess most coaches would react like CH would. ie: tell him where to shove it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
can you imagine what Hughton would say if Bloom/Barber asked him to talk up a player or even pick a player for a game in the window to bump up his price.
Yes I can.

Let's take Lewis Dunk as an example - it will come as no surprise to most if he ends up the subject of an auction among some of the biggest clubs in May or June. Do you honestly believe Hughton will say nothing to talk up the player, especially if we have a replacement lined up?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Really? I think he would happily talk up a player. Pick them? No.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Really? I think he would happily talk up a player. Pick them? No.

He talks up all our players , for the purpose of the squad, keeping players motivated and thats his style but to suggest its with an eye to selling them is a different thing altogether.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He talks up all our players , for the purpose of the squad, keeping players motivated and thats his style but to suggest its with an eye to selling them is a different thing altogether.

I didn't suggest that. I said that if he was asked to talk favourably about a player who we might be prepared to sell I am sure he would. I would go as far to say that he would do it regardless of whether he was asked. I can't be bothered to look but I would imagine he probably spoke favourably about Tomer Hemed when Reading were making bids.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well yes, but nobody is arguing with that.

You seemed to suggest that Hughton would tell the board to shove it if asked to talk up a player with a view to selling him. If you don't believe that goes on at nearly every single club in professional football, then you are incredibly naiive.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'm not buying this talk of Andone now being involved for Deportivo.

He's more than burnt his bridges at Depor and made it clear he not only want to leave, but that we wanted to join us as well. I'll be gobsmacked to see him as a Depor player by February.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
When previous transfer rumours are bounced, can we please agree to go through the tried-and-tested loop...

- How good he is (note: wiki link and crude analysis of goals per game is sufficient) since we were last linked
- Highlights reel (choose the one with the worst Europop soundtrack) if not commentary from a USA sports reporter
- Picture of WAG (clothing optional) not the WAG he was with but the current WAG

...just so any late-comers get the all-important information straight away.

Updated for you Bozza 👍🏻

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well yes, but nobody is arguing with that.

You seemed to suggest that Hughton would tell the board to shove it if asked to talk up a player with a view to selling him. If you don't believe that goes on at nearly every single club in professional football, then you are incredibly naiive.

Yeah, but being asked to pick a player in the team, or changing the formation to accommodate a player the board wants to sell, I can't see CH agreeing to that

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Yeah, but being asked to pick a player in the team, or changing the formation to accommodate a player the board wants to sell, I can't see CH agreeing to that

But in fairness to simster, that wasn't what he said. He was directly responding to chaileyjem's assertion that he wouldn't talk up a player that we would sell.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

But in fairness to simster, that wasn't what he said. He was directly responding to chaileyjem's assertion that he wouldn't talk up a player that we would sell.

Precisely.

Chaliey Jem said "Not sure why everything a coach does or says is some sort of mind game to sell a player."

I'd agree that no coach would be expected to change his team plans to accommodate an improved player sale, but as you point out it, surely every manager talks up a player his club is looking to get a fee for.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If we get him I'd like it if each time he first receives the ball we all say Mmm Andone, in an Mmm Danone style. That's what goes through my mind each time I open this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here