Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I remember when a Florin was only worth two shillings. (I don't actually, but some of you will.)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes I can.

Let's take Lewis Dunk as an example - it will come as no surprise to most if he ends up the subject of an auction among some of the biggest clubs in May or June. Do you honestly believe Hughton will say nothing to talk up the player, especially if we have a replacement lined up?

I would say we actually already have. Goldson and Hunemeier are both capable of slotting in to the back 4 with Duffy. I am not that sure it would be a disaster if Dunk went. It would be bloody annoying, but Hughton is shrewd enough to have kept both Centre backs around the team ( especially Goldson) to cover the eventuality.

It doesnt appear he is convinced about his best full back line up, but his midfield of Gross, Stephens and Propper seem to be his preferred midfield...not sure about cover there, and then you have murray and hemed, knocky Izzy, Ique and march as the out wide options.

This is why I am not convinced we will spend any money on new players.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But in fairness to simster, that wasn't what he said. He was directly responding to chaileyjem's assertion that he wouldn't talk up a player that we would sell.

Precisely.

Chaliey Jem said "Not sure why everything a coach does or says is some sort of mind game to sell a player."

I'd agree that no coach would be expected to change his team plans to accommodate an improved player sale, but as you point out it, surely every manager talks up a player his club is looking to get a fee for.

Oh sorry, that was how I interpreted his earlier post #808

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I would say we actually already have. Goldson and Hunemeier are both capable of slotting in to the back 4 with Duffy. I am not that sure it would be a disaster if Dunk went. It would be bloody annoying, but Hughton is shrewd enough to have kept both Centre backs around the team ( especially Goldson) to cover the eventuality.

It doesnt appear he is convinced about his best full back line up, but his midfield of Gross, Stephens and Propper seem to be his preferred midfield...not sure about cover there, and then you have murray and hemed, knocky Izzy, Ique and march as the out wide options.

This is why I am not convinced we will spend any money on new players.

Both Stephens and Propper looked dead on their feet against Bournemouth. That they both played the full game, suggests to me a lack of confidence in the alternatives. Players do get injured and more cover would be useful.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Precisely.

Chaliey Jem said "Not sure why everything a coach does or says is some sort of mind game to sell a player."

I'd agree that no coach would be expected to change his team plans to accommodate an improved player sale, but as you point out it, surely every manager talks up a player his club is looking to get a fee for.

Same for my comment, I wasn't suggest the Depor manager is going to put Andone in the team just to push up the price, but if he makes noises that he is still in his plans, and he is considering amending his formation and that the player will be a part of that, it will imply they won't let him go cheaply.

E.G.:
Murphy made 40 appearances last term for Brighton, helping them gain promotion from the Championship.

But he has been a bit-part player in the Premier League and has turned out just four times for Chris Hughton’s side this season.

Despite this, Hughton claimed earlier this month he had no intention of selling Murphy in the New Year.

"No. At this moment, if I am looking at the options I have in the wide areas, it’s been unfortunate for Jamie," he said.

“He is still very much part of our plans.

"It only takes a lack of form, an injury or a couple of injuries and then he is very much back in the squad.”

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Both Stephens and Propper looked dead on their feet against Bournemouth. That they both played the full game, suggests to me a lack of confidence in the alternatives. Players do get injured and more cover would be useful.

After Bournemouth got their rather lucky equaliser, I had little faith that we would be in for a big push for the winner -not that we have not got the quality, just that I too thought that several players look shattered. Howe put on all three subs relatively early on, and we just subbed a defender who was injured. What on earth is the point of subbing Gross on 87 minutes and not making use of a third sub at all, given that it was not even 48 hours since they had played. Surely Kayal could have come on earlier and either SB or IB up front. I found that rather baffling. Yes, the team had put on a good show in a hugely entertaining match, but to continue with players who seemed so tired was strange to say the least.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Delaney from Bremen is the addition we need here. Kayal has looked good recently too though, he could have been given 20 mins

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Delaney from Bremen is the addition we need here. Kayal has looked good recently too though, he could have been given 20 mins

Think that ones dead isn't it? Would Bremen sell their starting MF whilst in the relegation zone?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
After Bournemouth got their rather lucky equaliser, I had little faith that we would be in for a big push for the winner -not that we have not got the quality, just that I too thought that several players look shattered. Howe put on all three subs relatively early on, and we just subbed a defender who was injured. What on earth is the point of subbing Gross on 87 minutes and not making use of a third sub at all, given that it was not even 48 hours since they had played. Surely Kayal could have come on earlier and either SB or IB up front. I found that rather baffling. Yes, the team had put on a good show in a hugely entertaining match, but to continue with players who seemed so tired was strange to say the least.

Could not understand the sub policy all over the last few games. From memory we only made one sub at Chelsea, one against Newcastle and two against Bournemouth, one of which was enforced due to injury. Considering the number of games in such a short space of time it doesn’t make much sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
FLORIN ANDONE is still wanted by Albion.

Deportivo La Coruna’s Romanian international is on the Seagulls’ list of striker targets for the January transfer window.

Albion almost signed long-time target Andone at the end of the summer window.

A club record fee had been agreed and they were on the verge of completing the deal when it was wrecked by the collapse of Argentinian Guido Carrello’s proposed move from Monaco to Deportivo.

Andone’s game time in La Liga with struggling Deportivo has been limited this season after they re-signed Lucas Perez from Arsenal in the summer.

The 24-year-old ex-Cordoba forward scored his third goal in 13 outings in the home defeat by Celta Vigo just before Christmas.

Reports in Spain suggest manager Cristobal Parralo is overhauling his squad and tactics in a bid to steer Deportivo out of trouble.

Andone could start alongside Perez when they return to action at Villarreal on Sunday. Deportivo are currently in the La Liga relegation zone on goal difference.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/15808856.Striker_Andone_still_on_Albion_s_wanted_list/?ref=twtrec

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely reads like "we should have taken your desperation offer on 31.08.17, so would really appreciated you getting a bit closer and helping us save face".

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Definitely reads like "we should have taken your desperation offer on 31.08.17, so would really appreciated you getting a bit closer and helping us save face".

surprised no one else saw him at The Amex against Bournemouth ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could not understand the sub policy all over the last few games. From memory we only made one sub at Chelsea, one against Newcastle and two against Bournemouth, one of which was enforced due to injury. Considering the number of games in such a short space of time it doesn’t make much sense.

The core of the side that played at Newcastle and against Bournemouth, were always likely to get 2 weeks off if rested on Monday night for the cup. We made 3 subs at Chelsea.

Izquierdo and Knockeart looked absolutely fine to me against Bournemouth. Gross didn't start against Chelsea and only played 15mins, so CH obviously thought he would be fine for the 2 games in a row, then a rest for the cup most likely. Substituting either Stephens or Propper when the game was so fast and they were used to what Bournemouth were doing would have been a mistake as well imho.

Makes a lot of sense to me to keep your best and most effective side on the pitch for as long as you can.

Stumpy Tim

The core of the side that played at Newcastle and against Bournemouth, were always likely to get 2 weeks off if rested on Monday night for the cup. We made 3 subs at Chelsea.

Izquierdo and Knockeart looked absolutely fine to me against Bournemouth. Gross didn't start against Chelsea and only played 15mins, so CH obviously thought he would be fine for the 2 games in a row, then a rest for the cup most likely. Substituting either Stephens or Propper when the game was so fast and they were used to what Bournemouth were doing would have been a mistake as well imho.

Makes a lot of sense to me to keep your best and most effective side on the pitch for as long as you can.

Yes, but Propper and Stephens were dead on their feet with 20-30 minutes to go. It was obvious to everyone, and personally I feel it led to Propper's lazy clearance for the equaliser. There's no doubt in mind that at least one of those should have come off

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Let's just offer exactly the same and get the deal done NOW.

I'm glad you're not negotiating for the club, there's no immediate rush and by haggling we might save ourselves several million pounds. In the real world that's quite a lot of money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here