Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sky just confirmed Tim krul loan. Will this mean a late permanent signing?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
So all these strikers we've been linked with throughout the summer, the failed medical, Abraham choosing Swansea etc, was all a load of shite because we were waiting until the final day?

Bullshit excuse. The cluster recruitment was actively promoted as a solution to what can happen if our initial targets fail and yet with 3 minutes to go until the window closes we have not signed a single striker since being promoted. Not acceptable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You happy with this shamble of a transfer window then . How do you think the players see this last day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not happy, but clearly the club are not at fault for a players heart defect, other clubs holding out for the best price, or clubs not doing the business they would have liked to have done to allow a player to move.
I think sacking Dean Wilkins to bring Mickey Adams back was a bigger mistake for one, and countless other situations where the club has made mistakes worse than trying to get some semblance of value for money on strikers.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Market inflation, limited options, competition from other clubs, bad luck, all of these are factors that affected our transfer window, could we have averted it? Maybe, maybe not. At the very least if it proves a disaster then we can lick our wounds and try again. Hindsight is 20/20, but only time will tell.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Still very possible on the 1am late paperwork procedure. But it will require TB to blink first and pay the €30m release.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tony's a hugely successful gambler, doesn't mean he wins every time though does it?!! And the football market is a crazy one. Looks like this time his gambling hasn't paid off.

Why are we blaming Bloom he employs Barber to run the club and Winstanely to identify and provide the required quality players.
These two need to take more of the blame than Bloom.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I feel for them, I really do. They've been busting a gut all summer to recruit the right players. Tony and Winstanley too and it's just not worked out. Gutted for them.

Gutted for them? For doing a shit job at recruiting Premier League standard players all summer yet getting paid millions? Not CH's or TB's fault but if we don't get players in Barber and Winstanley have some explaining to do to the fans that spend thousands of pounds a year to watch us.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Still very possible on the 1am late paperwork procedure. But it will require TB to blink first and pay the €30m release.

That's what I thought ! Only way we will get him is pay the release clause. Crazy money ! But maybe negotiations are still ongoing ? My guess is £20 million would get him !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
if we don't get players in Barber and Winstanley have some explaining to do to the fans that spend thousands of pounds a year to watch us.
I disagree. If it's possible to determine whose fault this is, they have some explaining to do to TB, not to us.

We're not owed anything, the money we spend doesn't cover half of what our club has cost. I'm annoyed that the club seem to have messed up, but that doesn't mean they need to apologise or justify their mistakes to me.

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He is 5'6. We don't plan to play 1 up front for the majority of the time.

Florin at 5'9 is still short so it's more about pace than him holding the ball up or winning headers. It depends on how we want to play at a particular stage of a game but our big men are Hemmed and Murray whether we get Florin or not.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Gutted for them? For doing a shit job at recruiting Premier League standard players all summer yet getting paid millions? Not CH's or TB's fault but if we don't get players in Barber and Winstanley have some explaining to do to the fans that spend thousands of pounds a year to watch us.

What a load of crap, we have seen evidence of who they have tried to bring in but it isn't like football manager poor any other computer game but real life where other clubs and / or the players involved can stop deals happening regardless of what the buying club try to do, how do you overcome that?

There is often a reliance on other players moving on or the selling club signing a replacement first which allows several deals to go through

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I disagree. If it's possible to determine whose fault this is, they have some explaining to do to TB, not to us.

We're not owed anything, the money we spend doesn't cover half of what our club has cost. I'm annoyed that the club seem to have messed up, but that doesn't mean they need to apologies or justify their mistakes to me.

Good post

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here