Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Can we have some consensus on his name - Is it pronounced An-donnay or An-don? Really important stuff this as we may have to start a song thread soon and the name will need to scan!!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
An-donnay

SRNuuNK.gif

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
I am kind of confused. Andone would be the saviour, yet Tomer Hemed seems like league 1 standard striker at best (if you read the NSC).

Andone - best season in La Liga: 37 games (2.901 minutes), 12 goals
Hemed - best season in La Liga: 37 games (2.395 minutes), 11 goals

I am not saying that Andone is a bad player and yes, Brighton needs some striker signings, but I don't think any of the realistic names I have heard are too much better than Hemed. I actually don't like Hemed much but most of the people are so desperate for signings that they are a bit deluded.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I am kind of confused. Andone would be the saviour, yet Tomer Hemed seems like league 1 standard striker at best (if you read the NSC).

I am not saying that Andone is a bad player and yes, Brighton needs some striker signings, but I don't think any of the realistic names I have heard are too much better than Hemed. I actually don't like Hemed much but most of the people are so desperate for signings that they are a bit deluded.

most people are clueless

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We've offered less than Championship plodder Chris Woods went for

Of course they were going to say no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Or more clued up i.e. have actually watched the player play.

I've watched Andone, he has a level on Hemed irrespective of statistics.

You are a licker though so anyone we sign will be a world beater.

Hope you are right. This bloke certainly looks decent dare I say it on youtube lol

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

It's not so much the goals return ratio. It's more about the way the team will function and how that will also affect the way the opposition will play/set up.

Jamie Vardy got 13 goals last season in the league. Do you think we will win more games with Vardy in our side than Hemed?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I was going to post something similar. His goals per game ratio is pretty similar to Hemed's. Hemed's GPG ratio in La Liga is 3.7. Andone's is 3.5. Of course, Andone is quite a bit younger.

NSC logic (without ever having seen him play): sell Hemed for £5m, sign Andone for £27m (perhaps an element of hyperbole there).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here