Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10505758596061626370 ... LastLast

Thread: Florin andone?

Members

0 Not allowed!
    How many strikers have actually moved this summer? Some ridiculous sums, but a lot of clubs holding players to their contracts.

It's never been easy signing quality forwards - I'm sure they've tried their best, but strikes me there hasn't been a lot of movement this summer.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by doogie004 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Three weeks and three games no goals 4.5 months to get a striker in . Won't pay the going rate when every other club has . Worst front line in premier league history I think .someone is to blame buck stops at the top time will tell but the club have made there biggest ever mistake wish I was wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Were you around in the 90's when we lost our ground, played 80 miles away and almost lost our league status? Almost went out of existence as well. I suggest you read up about our history or you'll continue to make mistaken comments like 'the club have made there (sic) biggest ever mistake'.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by goldstoned View Post
      You are correct. We are in the Premier League, the top league in the country, so he has taken us as far as he can.
      But unable to give us a chance of staying there

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      You have your wish, you are wrong.
      You happy with this shamble of a transfer window then . How do you think the players see this last day ?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SussexSeahawk View Post
      Good enough for what? Do you want Bloom out? Barber out? Give it a rest.

This has been the most successful period in our clubs history. This is a setback don't get me wrong and it makes staying in the division much harder, but how about we remember that we are actually talking about paying 20 million for a player. The worst case scenario is we get relegated and have our parachute payments to secure the future of our football club.

You'd have thought that we'd just lost to Hereford by the reaction on here (not that it surprises me)
      Think it's time you gave it a rest to be honest.

How anyone could possibly perceive no striker in as anything but a total and utter blunderous failure by person or persons is beyond me. Our manager is not being given a fighting chance, our players will feel this failure also and morale will be knocked, our fans will be subjected to possibly the worst forward line in recent PL history and expect us to pay out week in week out to watch it.

I'll go ahead and say it, if we don't get at least somebody in, even to make up the ****ing numbers, i'd rather we had stayed in the Championship.

1 Not allowed!
      Should someone with a name suspiciously close to "Dougie", who is full of pathetic cowardly shit, really be bothered with? That's pathetic cowardly shit whether the poster is Albion (with some growing up to do) or a Palace troll - just two different kinds to choose from.
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Three weeks and three games no goals 4.5 months to get a striker in . Won't pay the going rate when every other club has . Worst front line in premier league history I think .someone is to blame buck stops at the top time will tell but the club have made there biggest ever mistake wish I was wrong

That's over simplifying the whole process.

It's hard to convince players to join a newly promoted team to the PL as they want as close to a certainty as possible when it comes to playing in that league for the length of their contract

This is shown by the examples of players turning us (and Newcastle) down and preferring to stay put, and Tammy Abraham even picked an established club over Newcastle or us.

It's not necessarily down to wages offered, or the price of the transfer fee and the standard of player we need may just decide they don't want to come here so what can you do as a club?
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook

2 Not allowed!
      But unable to give us a chance of staying there

Sometimes players other than strikers are allowed to score. Its quite amazing really.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Skaville View Post
      How much have we spent this summer?
      Nothing to do with how much we have spent, it's the positions we spend it on... The striker situation was obviously the most crucial and should have been the priority from the start, not leaving it till the final day.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
      That's over simplifying the whole process.

It's hard to convince players to join a newly promoted team to the PL as they want as close to a certainty as possible when it comes to playing in that league for the length of their contract

This is shown by the examples of players turning us (and Newcastle) down and preferring to stay put, and Tammy Abraham even picked an established club over Newcastle or us.

It's not necessarily down to wages offered, or the price of the transfer fee and the standard of player we need may just decide they don't want to come here so what can you do as a club?
      Wasn't the 'cluster approach' meant to prevent situations like this?
      This is not Nick Rhodes.