Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect it will be Andone and Powell in .... Baldock and Hemed out.
Powell could well be the attacking midfielder / Izzy Brown replacement / Groß understudy, but that would still leave us a full time striker down.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Powell could well be the attacking midfielder / Izzy Brown replacement / Groß understudy, but that would still leave us a full time striker down.

Unless we are going to change the way we play I’m not sure how we keep 4 strikers happy ? I know we need 4 due to injuries but with Murray/Andone/Locadia whoever comes in is going to have to know they are gonna struggle to get game time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Unless we are going to change the way we play I’m not sure how we keep 4 strikers happy ? I know we need 4 due to injuries but with Murray/Andone/Locadia whoever comes in is going to have to know they are gonna struggle to get game time

Good ol'e NSC. One close season we don't have enough strikers, now we might have too many :lolol:

Andone - or someone similar - gives you cover and the option to play a pair of quicks instead of the hold up play and guile, but slowly, of Murray and Gross. Plus there is absolutely no indication of whether Locadia will actually make the grade at this stage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That's a fair point, but consider that in both our August and January squads, Hughton opted for 6 strikers / attacking midfielders ( we failed of course to recruit one of them on deadline day in August - and included 5 wingers in the squad instead).

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Good ol'e NSC. One close season we don't have enough strikers, now we might have too many :lolol:

Andone - or someone similar - gives you cover and the option to play a pair of quicks instead of the hold up play and guile, but slowly, of Murray and Gross. Plus there is absolutely no indication of whether Locadia will actually make the grade at this stage.

Ha !! My only worry last season was the quality of strikers not the quantity

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Powell seems to be quite injury prone and will Wigan want/need to sell now that they are back in the Championship. Could Powell also be a professional Northerner too?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Powell seems to be quite injury prone and will Wigan want/need to sell now that they are back in the Championship. Could Powell also be a professional Northerner too?
Yes, he does perhaps seem to be at least a semi-professional Northerner - we could find it tricky to persuade him. And Wigan may slam the door on it anyway, unless they really want Baldock in return and Walton on loan as a deal sweetener.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if Deportivo want Tomer?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Really excited by this one, especially if we can get it done for such a ridiculously low fee. Fingers crossed we can get it over the line sharpish and have our strikeforce (Murray, Locadia, Andone) ready for the new season early doors.

If we get Andone, I reckon we only need three or four more as long as we don't lose anyone. One new winger, a solid midfielder to rotate with Stephens, an experienced CM to come in as back-up and a quality left-back and we will be in great shape for the season ahead.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Really excited by this one, especially if we can get it done for such a ridiculously low fee. Fingers crossed we can get it over the line sharpish and have our strikeforce (Murray, Locadia, Andone) ready for the new season early doors.

If we get Andone, I reckon we only need three or four more as long as we don't lose anyone. One new winger, a solid midfielder to rotate with Stephens, an experienced CM to come in as back-up and a quality left-back and we will be in great shape for the season ahead.

Right back?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
He looks fantastic,sign him up pronto please Hughton and Barber. However, I have a huge concern... A Florin is 2 shillings and 2 shillings is 2 bob. Does that make him a "2 bob striker".
I'll get my coat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here