Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Another to add ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451984544.540758.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If Andone signs, then Hemed would have to leave, as my rubbish eyes would never be able to tell them apart on the pitch.

And if Hemed (and Mrs H) were ever to leave, there's the danger that it would unsettle their best mates, the Kayals.

So for that reason, I'm out. Sorry Florin.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
If Andone signs, then Hemed would have to leave, as my rubbish eyes would never be able to tell them apart on the pitch.

And if Hemed (and Mrs H) were ever to leave, there's the danger that it would unsettle their best mates, the Kayals.

So for that reason, I'm out. Sorry Florin.

If you look at the backs of their shirts when they're on the pitch, they have big numbers on them. Hemed's is 10. It also has his name printed above it, but that would be smaller and therefore more difficult to read.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you look at the backs of their shirts when they're on the pitch, they have big numbers on them. Hemed's is 10. It also has his name printed above it, but that would be smaller and therefore more difficult to read.

Thanks.

What do I do when they are NOT stood with their backs to me?

If this guy PROMISES to be really, really good, AND promises to wear disgusting lairy BOOTS, that mark him out, then I'm prepared to re-consider.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Thanks.

If this guy PROMISES to be really, really good, AND promises to wear disgusting lairy BOOTS, that mark him out, then I'm prepared to re-consider.

A number of possibilities:
1. Establish phone contact with someone on the opposite side/end of the ground to you, so that you can keep each other informed.
2. Develop X-Ray Vision
3. Have a big mirror installed on the other side/end of the stadium to where your seat is.

The third option may require some sort of co-operation from the club.... but they may latch on to it as a service which they should offer to all fans. You would also need to be able to read things backwards. HEMED - 10 would become DEMEH - 01. I would be confident that you would be able to cope with this ambiguity, however.

One needs also to bear in mind, though, that this potential signing is unlikely to happen, and so you may not need to bother, unless you have trouble telling other players apart as well - David Stockdale and Solly March, for example.... although normally they would be at different ends of the pitch and wearing different colour kit..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. Establish phone contact with someone on the opposite side/end of the ground to you, so that you can keep each other informed.
2. Develop X-Ray Vision
3. Have a big mirror installed on the other side/end of the stadium to where your seat is.

The third option may require some sort of co-operation from the club.... but they may latch on to it as a service which they should offer to all fans. You would also need to be able to read things backwards. HEMED - 10 would become DEMEH - 01. I would be confident that you would be able to cope with this ambiguity, however.

One needs also to bear in mind, though, that this potential signing is unlikely to happen, and so you may not need to bother, unless you have trouble telling other players apart as well - David Stockdale and Solly March, for example.... although normally they would be at different ends of the pitch and wearing different colour kit..

Actually, right now, with our current team, I'm pretty good. We have no close look-a-likes, and the advent of different coloured boots helps.

In the past, there have been some struggles admittedly.

Forster-Caskey and Gardner playing together in midfield, in matching pale blue boots, and similar numbers (18 + 19) were tough, and also (pre-beard) Bruno and El Abd together on the right of defence, with Bridge and Upson on the left weren't always easy.

The hardest was a couple of years earlier when we had Marcos Painter, Matt Sparrow and Ashley Barnes in the same side, with their black boots and matching short back and sides hairdos.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks.

I always find that they way they move reveals plenty. This guy might be rapid, for instance, and there aren't too many in our squad that you can say that about.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always find that they way they move reveals plenty. This guy might be rapid, for instance, and there aren't too many in our squad that you can say that about.

Agreed. In my Painter/Sparrow/Barnes example above, Ashley's very distinctive upright running style was most helpful!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
2. Develop X-Ray Vision

Or the club could sponsor HKFC to get his eyes tested for a new pair of glasses. It would be cheaper.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here