Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridgewell highlights the Hughton factor in Albion move [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Liam Ridgewell*has hailed the Chris Hughton factor after agreeing to help Albion out of an injury crisis.
The vastly-experienced defender is joining on loan from MLS champions Portland Timbers until mid-February.
Subject to international clearance, he will be available for the FA Cup trip to Hull City a week on Saturday plus the five subsequent Championship matches.
Ridgewell, 31, can play in central defence or at left-back and it is in the latter position he is expected to help out his former Birmingham City boss Hughton.
The former Blues, Aston Villa and West Brom man said: “It is nice to walk in somewhere and find a familiar face.
“I know what Chris is trying to do here at the club and it was a good move for me.
“The injuries haven’t helped the team and they are never good for anybody. Hopefully I can come in and help with that situation and the aim is to fill that gap in the short term. It has worked out well for me, now I am just looking forward to getting going.”
Ridgewell, who had a similar loan period at Wigan last year, is already training with Albion. He added: “Since stepping in here from day one everything has been great – the training ground, the set-up, everything the club is doing has been great and it is very nice to be part of that.”
Ridgewell skippered Portland to the MLS title in early December and says he is in great shape to tackle the Championship.
He will fly back to Oregon in plenty of time for the new season, which starts in early March.
The former England under-21 cap said: “The good thing is that it’s pre-season for me, coming off the back of a very good season.
“I need to keep my fitness up, and playing games and training is the perfect way to do that, starting with what will be a very tough match against Hull City in the FA Cup.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here