Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury-hit Albion land Ridgewell on loan [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion are bringing in title-winning MLS captain Liam Ridgewell on loan to help them through their injury crisis.
The former Birmingham City defender is joining*from Portland Timbers until mid-February.
Ridgewell, 31, can operate as a left-back or centre-back, positions where the Seagulls currently have four senior players out injured.
Subject to international clearance, he will be eligible for the FA Cup tie at Hull City and five Championship games, the last of which is at home to Bolton.
He cannot play against Wolves on Friday.
Ridgewell played for current Albion boss Chris Hughton at Birmingham City during their marathon 2011-12 season, when they tackled the Championship and Europa League.

He won the League Cup with Blues and also played for Aston Villa and West Brom. Ridgewell will begin training with Albion immediately with the club set to complete the transfer once the window re-opens.
He will head home in plenty of time for the new MLS season, which starts in early March.
Hughton said: "I know Liam very well from my time as manager at Birmingham City and he is an excellent and important addition for us.
"He will bring extra experience to our defence at a crucial time and will give me an option both in the centre of defence and at left-back.
"Liam has played the vast majority of his career in the Premier League - with more than 350 senior appearances.
“He has also got experience of the Europa League and Championship from his time at Birmingham."
Timbers were crowned MLS champions earlier this month when they beat Columbus Crew in the play-off final.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here