Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does everyone else seem to be able to do that you can't?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thats not an artistic skill but abstract/intellectual one.have you had your frontal lobes removed?

There are two basic approaches, when you find something that you are not particulalry good at. You either practice until it becomes a strength, or you avoid dealing with it. I have never had the need, time and patience to develop skills in this area and I imagine you have taken a similar approach to dealing with social situations.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No. Quite an offensive suggestion. Many of us haven't had a frontal lobotomy, but if born with one good eye and one which doesn't work so well (lazy eye syndrome) have never seen anything in 3D.
Think yourself born lucky if you can. Hope your frontal lobes are capable of understanding that...................................

My son had a squint and could not see anything at all in 3D when tested. It explained why he'd been utterly useless at catch when very small - he couldn't see the ball. Luckily it was caught early and he was given eye patches to wear for nearly a year. When re tested had perfect vision and his sport and drawing are both incredibly improved.

It's very common and can run in families.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No. Quite an offensive suggestion. Many of us haven't had a frontal lobotomy, but if born with one good eye and one which doesn't work so well (lazy eye syndrome) have never seen anything in 3D.
Think yourself born lucky if you can. Hope your frontal lobes are capable of understanding that...................................
I suffer from this too,so,no 3D, all sports that need hand / eye coordination I'm crap at. Snooker, Badminton I'm particularly bad at plus can barely middle a ball in cricket which is my greatest sadness. I have zero artistic ability in any medium, DIY is another series of disasters for me plus I can't learn a foreign language. I can't sing or play any musical instrument, I abandoned Recorder in my second year at school which was a relief to anyone in earshot.
I struggle to find anything I'm good at frankly.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I suffer from this too,so,no 3D, all sports that need hand / eye coordination I'm crap at. Snooker, Badminton I'm particularly bad at plus can barely middle a ball in cricket which is my greatest sadness. I have zero artistic ability in any medium, DIY is another series of disasters for me plus I can't learn a foreign language. I can't sing or play any musical instrument, I abandoned Recorder in my second year at school which was a relief to anyone in earshot.
I struggle to find anything I'm good at frankly.

My son has this problem too. However, he is an amazing drummer! May be that is the instrument for you!
He has the same problems in sport. He is not bad at rugby, but we are not keen for him to play, in case he damages his good eye.
Most other sports he suffers with the hand eye co-ordination problem. But he loves to run and do weight training.

Reading is also an issue, and he gets a shadowing effect, and he can only take in one word at a time. A large computer screen helps with this a bit. However, he is a smart lad, as he got 5 A's on his GCSEs last year.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
At age 50 I have yet to find anything I can honestly say I have skill in doing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My son had a squint and could not see anything at all in 3D when tested. It explained why he'd been utterly useless at catch when very small - he couldn't see the ball. Luckily it was caught early and he was given eye patches to wear for nearly a year. When re tested had perfect vision and his sport and drawing are both incredibly improved.

It's very common and can run in families.
Wore those bl00dy patches for several years - hated 'em. Spent half my early school years walking into lamp posts........ Never worked for me - and my timing in all sports was cr*p - but glad it was successful for your lad.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wore those bl00dy patches for several years - hated 'em. Spent half my early school years walking into lamp posts........ Never worked for me - and my timing in all sports was cr*p - but glad it was successful for your lad.

Thanks. Not sure how old you were but we were told they only work if caught before the age of seven. Luckily he was five!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I really can't throw.

My dad never taught me and I can feel how pathetic I look when I try. I would say I'm average strength so it's just a complete lack of TEKKERS.

I also struggle with forward rolls as, at 6ft 4, there is just a little too much going on.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Roller Skate, including ice skating and skate boards. Zero balance means I just fall over.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who understands computers judging by the phone calls I get every time a friend/relative has a problem.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Magic eye pictures.

Drove me f@*king nuts for about a month in 1993.

Screenshot_2015-12-31-13-06-16.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here