Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have I missed something?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lacklustre performance by a team lacking confidence going forward. Slow on build up play, poor passing accuracy. Must be more direct in attacking play, desperately in need of someone to take the chance to score.
Time to shake up the pack and get some fresh blood in who can do the job.
We deserve better performances at home than those we have seen over the past few weeks, come on show us some real desire and give the fans something to cheer.

DESERVE?!? Sorry I thought we went to games to support the team we love...... not pay money to get entertainment..... what's deserve got to do with it!?! Greer, Lua Lua, Hunemaier, March, Bong, Rosenior, Baldock all missing and would have started... so 7 first teamers out and you are still talking of deserve?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Did you miss that it is the third game in a row we have failed to score a goal in?
Did you miss that it is the fifth game without a win?
Did you miss that we have gone from being 4 points clear at the top in mid October to 2 points clear mid December (two months for teams to make up lose two points from our lead). Since Mid December to now (and we're not in January yet) we are now 4 points off top (a turn around of 6 points in two weeks).
Did you miss that yet again, it was of our own making that we lost points?

Did you miss that we are in the midst of an injury crisis that would destroy just about any team in this division?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
No we didnt. We didnt start with 442. We had he personnel today to do it. Instead the cautious Chris came out and thanks to Dunk and a "not lose" formation we gave them the initiative.

I know we are down to the bare bones but we do have two fit wingers, three strikers and four fit defenders. So why shoehorn Crofts in? An extra defender and a slow immobile Hemed up front. Poor team selection thus management today frankly.

Totally agree with this! :thumbsup:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
At the start of the season I would have been thrilled to be in the playoff mix. Even while we were rollocking along at the top we always knew that there was a very long way to go.

Yes, we have hit a poor spell but this doesn't change the fact that I am loving this season. If you're not in the top four of the Premier League and watching Champions' League football then all you can reasonably ask for is progress. We're certainly getting that this season.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hilarious NSC over-reactions as usual. I think the OP is bang on. It's a miracle really that we've done as well as we have and not lost a string of games given the injury list. Hughton deserves huge trust and respect rather than people immediately dredging up dull old cliches about negativity. Simply not borne out by the facts this season. The bottom line is that with several of our strongest players missing we're lacking a bit of spark. Field a play-off/mid table line-up and it's no surprise that a game against Ipswich could go either way. I'm pretty impressed that we were fairly unlucky to lose with half a team missing rather than beaten comfortably.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
44 points on the board.

Lua Lua, Bong, Rosenior, Baldock, March, Greer - all starters most likely if they were fit, that is half our team out at this crucial stage.

No doubt we need to strengthen or get some of these back if we're going to firstly remain top 6, and hopefully still challenge the top 2. We were always going to have a real testing period over Xmas with that injury list - we knew we didn't have the squad depth of M'Boro / Derby / Hull etc. yet still we are up there.

Big game New Years Day now. Just need to hang in there going into January. :albion2:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From the way some people seem to be responding to tonight's game, we have been hammered at home and are lucky to be outside the bottom three.

When did that happen?

Tonight I saw our injury-ravaged team lose only their second game of the season. It was a narrow defeat, the goal came from a mistake, we controlled large periods of the game and it was poor final balls that meant we couldn't get anything from the game. Both teams hit the woodwork and we had a goal disallowed for offside on the follow-up from a tremendous reaction save. Take Dunk's mistake out of the equation and I'm not convinced we'd have lost. A narrow defeat that leaves us in fourth place at the end of 2015. The transfer window is about to open and in a few weeks players on the injured list should become available.

Is it only me that isn't completely despondent?

Completely agree. On another night we would have got a point, or even three if Zamora's shot goes in and we have the momentum. Considering the injury list, we played well and it was a mistake that cost us unfortunately. I'm not completely despondent either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did you miss that we are in the midst of an injury crisis that would destroy just about any team in this division?

Nope. But I'm accepting that there are reasons for people to be upset/worried/critical and reasons for people not to be upset/positive.

Yes, we've had injuries, but we've still got Hemed, Zamora and Wilson up front, with Murphy and Van La Parra on the wings, and had Kayal, Crofts and Stephens in midfield - a line up that wouldn't be questioned if everyone was fit, and still we are struggling to score for the third consecutive game. The injuries only provide so much mitigation.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Think you will find Murphy was offside from Stephens shot, not the cross!

There are pictures in other threads showing Murphy wasn't offside from the shot, either. There is a defender with Hemed playing him onside.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
VLP and Murphy are our 2nd choice wingers behind Solly and Kaz. (Possibly 3rd choice if you include Rosenior).

Calde is our 3rd choice left back.

Wilson wasn't match fit and we had a centre back who made his first senior start.

CH is literally down to the bare bones AND we still made a game of it. We had more chances, a (wrongly) disallowed goal and only lost because of a horrific blunder.

It's football, we are not entitled to win every game. Sometimes things go wrong.

We're still in the mix and in a week we may have the opportunity to bring in some additional cover.

People need to get a grip FFS.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I don't understand why some people are so quick to point fingers and call our players shit when they've been so good this season. Just goes to show, no matter how good you are there will be people saying someone's no good. Wasn't long ago Greer was a liability, Uwe and Dunk were our best pairing at the back etc. Now it's gone back to Greer being respected again. Hate the negativity, one of the best sides we've had in years, support them ffs!

el punal

From the way some people seem to be responding to tonight's game, we have been hammered at home and are lucky to be outside the bottom three.

When did that happen?

Tonight I saw our injury-ravaged team lose only their second game of the season. It was a narrow defeat, the goal came from a mistake, we controlled large periods of the game and it was poor final balls that meant we couldn't get anything from the game. Both teams hit the woodwork and we had a goal disallowed for offside on the follow-up from a tremendous reaction save. Take Dunk's mistake out of the equation and I'm not convinced we'd have lost. A narrow defeat that leaves us in fourth place at the end of 2015. The transfer window is about to open and in a few weeks players on the injured list should become available.

Is it only me that isn't completely despondent?

Je suis not despondent! Hells Bells! You've got to give the doom mangers their chance. They haven't had the opportunity to do their stuff in nearly five months. I've got to say it's absolutely scandalous that we've only lost TWICE since the beginning of August and that we're in the top four going into the new year. What is the world coming to? :tantrum:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The only thing I'm despondent about his our mounting injury list. Really crippling our season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here