Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whatever people may think of Hemed, in the Amex era of regular centre forwards playing for the Albion, he has to rank 3rd best, after Barnes & Ulloa.

It just shows how pitiful the club have been in 5 seasons in obtaining the services of decent strikers .......

Yep spot on. Maybe 4th as Zamora has done ok!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's no surprise that within minutes Zamora created a chance for himself something Hemed hasn't done for ages.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i will say it again - why hughton is starting with hemed every game is beyond me. he isn't up to it. BZ was so much more threatening when he came on. lets start with Bobby and bring on Hemed (if we have to) after 60 minutes rather than the other way round.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Not a kneejerk thread, this is based on the entire season so far.

-He doesn't get himself into good attacking positions often enough
-He isn't quick
-He isn't clinical whatsoever
-He is OK at holding the ball up and bring others into play, that's about it.

Was hoping we had signed another Ulloa but quite frankly he isn't up to it if we want to be top 6. With Wilson potentially being recalled and Zamora quite clearly not able to play 90 mins we need a first choice striker desperately.

* Often left isolated with no supporting players near him (upto 40 yards away, defending too deep and with too many back, probably due to our injury list meaning we only have less counter attacking options and have to be more solid and harder to break down so more defensive like under Poyet and the 2nd half of last season)
* left to chase balls when he is already 2nd favourite, (aimless long distance passes into the flanks when he is the only player in their half and starting near the centre of the pitch)
* next to no chances created by teammates for him to try to score from (lack of supply)

But he was responsible for 2 of our better chances tonight (Murphy's disallowed goal was created by Hemed's attacking play, and then Stephens weak shot when well placed which was also set up by Hemed)

I can't believe how fickle our fans are proving to be, 4th after last seasons showing, unbeaten for 21 games and have only lost 2 all season and now they start to turn on our players, the ones that have got us into such a good position #together

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He is of championship standard but wasnt great tonight. Not that we played much to him and nor did we play to his strengths. Another scapegoat

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He is of championship standard but wasnt great tonight. Not that we played much to him and nor did we play to his strengths. Another scapegoat

Well, took three pages but we finally got to the 'scapegoat' apologist, with a 'not playing to his strengths' thrown in for good measure. Same as some were saying about the losers playing up front last season.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, took three pages but we finally got to the 'scapegoat' apologist, with a 'not playing to his strengths' thrown in for good measure. Same as some were saying about the losers playing up front last season.

Yawn. you view me as an apologist and i view tou as fickle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's our top scorer. What does it say about the rest of the squad?

Most will ignore this inconvenient fact to their arguments though

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Not our worst player tonight and it was a nice piece of skill for the 'goal' which should have been given. Ideally, he wouldn't be the near-automatic pick that he seems to be at the moment, and the guy we have to rely on for goals. He's not great at this level, but not as bad as some are making out.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well, he's better than Billy Paynter!

Many have tried - Leon Best with distinction - but no one can top Billy for abysmal forward play

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Our top scorer IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

In the team that is FOURTH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Regularly selected for the team that has reached that position IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

And people are saying he's not Championship standard ?!? - how odd

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
270 apps, 63 goals suggests he was never brought in to be the goal poacher we're dying out for. If for instance we sign Calleri, I'm sure Hemed would bring a lot more to the game. He does have a good first touch which will help him to play alongside good quality centre forwards (unlike CMS).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our top scorer IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

In the team that is FOURTH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Regularly selected for the team that has reached that position IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP

And people are saying he's not Championship standard ?!? - how odd

He might just about be Championship standard, but he's not top end of the Championship standard. Playing an anonymous big lump up front on a regular basis isn't likely to propel you into the Premier League anytime soon.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I challenge you with Jonathan Obika.

A worthy contender, I grant you. But Billy is surely unbeatable - he had no redeeming qualities as a footballer at all. Didn't Obika have one game where he created a couple of chances for himself? (before putting them wide, obviously)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's a career club 1 in 4 striker, and he's bagged 6 in 24 for the Albion. Did anyone expect anything more and, if so, why?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here