Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed- Nowhere near Championship standard

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Actually Houghton did agree. He dropped him for the Charlton game and a number of other games soon after. His words were supportive, which is good management, but in reality, he took him out of the firing line as he simply wasn't performing.

And working hard is a prerequisite of being a footballer, it isn't an attribute.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
When he was going through this run, Stockdale came out in an interview saying exactly the opposite of this, citing tracking back, edge of box clearances, pulling for the team etc

Of course he's going to say that. He's the team's main central striker, the whole side is built around providing him with chances. Stockdale isn't going to come out and slate him in the media when he's going through a bad phase (and 1 goal in 19 is a particularly bad phase when the whole side is built around providing you with opportunities).

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Actually Houghton did agree. He dropped him for the Charlton game and a number of other games soon after. His words were supportive, which is good management, but in reality, he took him out of the firing line as he simply wasn't performing.

Rubbish, you seem rather dim. The reality is that you don't know why he wasn't selected, you are simply making an assumption to support your prejudice. How many games did he miss? And yet he's still scored how many goals? And what position is he in the Championship top scorers list?

And working hard is a prerequisite of being a footballer, it isn't an attribute.

You would think it would be a prerequisite and yet many forward don't work as hard as him.

Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "Tomer's contribution to the team has been good all season, and even in a period of time when he wasn't scoring goals, he was contributing. That is what Tomer can give you. In this division you need work rate and physicality and Tomer gives us that.

Actually, If you imagine by making that statement Houghton is merely being supportive of a non performing player then I think I'll retract the rather.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Can Brighton supporters still not spell the manager's name? Not even after he's been here for nearly 18 months

ironic copycating....................

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I reckon keep this one going. Then, when his insouciant penalty doesn't go in during the play off shoot out, people will be lauded for their glorious insight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon keep this one going. Then, when his insouciant penalty doesn't go in during the play off shoot out, people will be lauded for their glorious insight.
Or when Tomer is playing in the Premier League, next season, irrespective as to who for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here