Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tech help please

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Wife got a new tablet for Christmas and is trying to watch films on Putlocker site, but keeps telling her to disable your add blocking software, how does she do that? She's aloud pop ups but doesn't know what to do now. Any advice would be gratefully received ta.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Wife got a new tablet for Christmas and is trying to watch films on Putlocker site, but keeps telling her to disable your add blocking software, how does she do that? She's aloud pop ups but doesn't know what to do now. Any advice would be gratefully received ta.

I get this on Firefox, I just alter the settings on Adbloc if you have that.
ie disable!

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I get this on Firefox, I just alter the settings on Adbloc if you have that.
ie disable!

She's running Google Chrome but cannot find an add block. It's driving her mad cause she's normally quite good with this sort of stuff, unlike myself.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
She's running Google Chrome but cannot find an add block. It's driving her mad cause she's normally quite good with this sort of stuff, unlike myself.

As far as I am aware Google Crome does not have its own Ad blocker, so there must be am Ad blocker preloaded, Look in the tablet settings and see if you can spot it,then open it go to options and allow putlocker, It should give you the option of allowing putlocker first time you open it.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
As far as I am aware Google Crome does not have its own Ad blocker, so there must be am Ad blocker preloaded, Look in the tablet settings and see if you can spot it,then open it go to options and allow putlocker, It should give you the option of allowing putlocker first time you open it.

Told her that, will have a look, cheers mate

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

She's found an add blocker in the tablets stock browse

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Me again! I have let my 6yr old granddaughter watch Horrid Henry on you tube on my laptop but somehow she has reduced the size of the screen so I cannot see the minimise/ maximise or x to log out of the program. I have stretched it both to the left of the screen and up to its maximum but still it is not large enough to see the symbals. Tried google and no success so ask NSC.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Me again! I have let my 6yr old granddaughter watch Horrid Henry on you tube on my laptop but somehow she has reduced the size of the screen so I cannot see the minimise/ maximise or x to log out of the program. I have stretched it both to the left of the screen and up to its maximum but still it is not large enough to see the symbals. Tried google and no success so ask NSC.

If you can't see them and just want to close the app.

Hold CTRL-ALT-DELETE and just kill it

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

If you can't see them and just want to close the app.

Hold CTRL-ALT-DELETE and just kill it

Or right click on the internet tab in the taskbar and close it.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If she has zoomed out too far then hold CTRL and then roll the ball/roller thing in the middle of the buttons on the mouse

If she has put it full screen and you can;t see anything else to close it then hit F11 and it should take it off full screen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thanks for all the advice what would I do without NSC.

Perhaps somebody can help me again. Wife or rather I forget to set recorder for a program for wife so had to watch it on ITV Player but we had no sound although HDMI cabel was connected cos we had a good picture. She finished up watching it on my laptop with headphones. Then googled the problem and it gave a solution in settings of laptop but none of those as listed appearred. Could I buy a lead to run from the headphones socket of the laptop to trhe headphone soclket of the TV would that work. If so are they likely to be standard 3.5m sockets? Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Perhapos somebody can help me again. Wife ir rather I forget to setrecorder for a program for wife so wanted to watch it on ITV Player but we had no sound although HDMI cabel was connected cos we had a good picture. She finished up watching it on my laptop with headphones. Then googled the problem and it gave a solution in settings but none of those as listed appearred. Could I buy a lead to run from the headphones socket of the pc to trhe headphone soclket of the TV would hat work. If so are they likely to be standard 3.5m sockets? Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

HDMI cable should return sound - The sound is controlled by the TV and NOT the laptop when connected via HDMI.
For fun, make sure the TV and Laptop sound is up and neither are on Mute, that includes the ITV player as well.

3.5mm to 3.5mm will not work.

A simple test to check if everything is working as it should be:
  1. Plug HDMI into both laptop and TV.
  2. Tune into the HDMI channel on your TV.
  3. Make sure volume on TV is UP.
  4. Restart Laptop.
  5. Watch Laptop reboot via your TV.
  6. Reboot sound SHOULD be heard via TV.

If not joy on the above, it may be a HDMI issue but doubt it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
HDMI cable should return sound - The sound is controlled by the TV and NOT the laptop when connected via HDMI.
For fun, make sure the TV and Laptop sound is up and neither are on Mute, that included the ITV player as well.

3.5mm to 3.5mm will not work.

A simple test to check if everything is working as it should be:
  1. Plug HDMI into both laptop and TV.
  2. Tune into the HDMI channel on your TP.
  3. Make sure volume on TV is UP.
  4. Restart Laptop.
  5. Watch Laptop reboot via your TV.
  6. Reboot sound SHOULD be heard via TV.

If not joy on the above, it may be a HDMI issue but doubt it.

When I googled it said to set laptop to take into account other devices/

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Perhaps somebody can help me again. Wife or rather I forget to set recorder for a program for wife so had to watch it on ITV Player but we had no sound although HDMI cabel was connected cos we had a good picture. She finished up watching it on my laptop with headphones. Then googled the problem and it gave a solution in settings of laptop but none of those as listed appearred. Could I buy a lead to run from the headphones socket of the laptop to trhe headphone soclket of the TV would that work. If so are they likely to be standard 3.5m sockets? Thanks in anticipation of some advice.

Right click your 'speaker' on laptop with HDMI connected to telly...select playback devices. When you see your TV, make it the default player.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
When I googled it said to set laptop to take into account other devices/

You're going to have to be clearer.
Trying to help but I don't have a clue what you mean here.

You shouldn't have to change any settings to connect a HDMI to Laptop.

Have you followed the steps I posted?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You're going to have to be clearer.
Trying to help but I don't have a clue what you mean here.

You shouldn't have to change any settings to connect a HDMI to Laptop.

Have you followed the steps I posted?

No as wife is watching 1000 heart beats but thanks I will try that later and come back either way whether solved or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here