Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flood damaged motor vehicles.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am fully aware of the fault/non fault basis Without wanting to labour the question too much earlier you effectively said not paying due to a breach of policy conditions and later your comments seemed to be trying to say something different.

To make it simple comprehensive covered vehicle damaged by flood indemnified less excess or payment refused due to general policy conditions?

If a PH lives in area prone to flooding a U/W may exclude associated perils . Most insurers nowadays are the game for profit . Shocking isn't it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I can assure you that emails are a doddle to fake. If I wanted I could send you an email purporting to come from anyone you so desired. There are many ways to fake an email.

Take your example - assume this third party has emailed you saying they DIDN'T accept liability. Now forward that email to yourself but before you hit send change the text of the original email to say the third party DOES accept liability, remove all the extra guff like headers and remove the FW from the subject line and hit send. Hey presto you have an email that says something completely opposite but when printed looks original. And that is just one simple way to fake an email ...... there are plenty of others.

That may appear to be easy but the original sender can quite easily produce a copy of the email that was originally sent and then it is quite clear you have committed fraud. I'm sure with a bit of computer forensics they could demonstrate which is the correct email.

The point is probably that an email alone would not prove anything unless it is undisputed.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The collision would have occurred because you moved forward whilst looking to the right to see if the traffic flow would allow you to go too, not what's happening directly in front of you [that's your negligence].

So, what if you were walking along on a pavement and your eyes were drawn on the other side of the road [e.g. blonde in short skirt] and you walked into a lamp post. And you later found out that several other people had walked into the same lamp post too - does that mean it's the lamp post's fault?

The car example is very common - collision avoidance is simple, look where you're going.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can assure you that emails are a doddle to fake. If I wanted I could send you an email purporting to come from anyone you so desired. There are many ways to fake an email.

Take your example - assume this third party has emailed you saying they DIDN'T accept liability. Now forward that email to yourself but before you hit send change the text of the original email to say the third party DOES accept liability, remove all the extra guff like headers and remove the FW from the subject line and hit send. Hey presto you have an email that says something completely opposite but when printed looks original. And that is just one simple way to fake an email ...... there are plenty of others.

Probably explains why they are now happy to go to court..very frustrating to say the least ..a person who accepted responsibility and now denying any knowledge

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The option list has "in a secure car park" and "on the road", no mention of flood zone.

Any UK insurer I've had has a specific, geographic, (county/town drilldown list) about where the car is "used". Unless that has completely stopped, you're looking at the where its kept overnight question. Which is meant to be the proposal address, so they know the flood risk from that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here