Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton City reaches for the sky in bid to reverse its ‘lost decade’ of neglect

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe we should just accept that this era of pennypinching is normality apart from the odd grandiose project. The Victorians would combine style with functionality and longevity, nowadays everything is designed and built on a budget with a projected shelf life.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The view will not be circular but spherical.
Square degree (deg2) is a non-SI-compliant unit measure of solid angle. Other denotations include sq. deg. and (°)². Just as degrees are used to measure parts of a circle, square degrees are used to measure parts of a sphere. Analogous to one degree being equal to π / 180 radians, a square degree is equal to (π / 180)2, or about 1 / 3283 or 3.0462×10−4 steradian (0.30462 msr).

The number of square degrees in a whole sphere is approximately 41253 deg2. This is the total area of the 88 modern constellations in the sky.

As you want to half this by ignoring half the sphere to the South we would have the i20626.5 not i180.

This.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Progress is all well and good, but Hove is starting to look like Las Vegas.

7a3d868c-d4f6-4323-addb-f4249431ff27_image_jpeg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They really should do up those victoran arches by the Concorde. Scandalous really.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I really like the i360. It is ridiculously big, if you are going to build one of these things go over the top and make one of the biggest in the world. You can see it from Chanctonbury in the west to Cuckmere Haven in the east. It's not just any old viewing tower, it is an attraction that should appeal to the day-trippers and weekenders on which this city is so reliant. I'd also like to see it revive a now moribund Preston Street, which has declined greatly in the last 18 years or so.

Nice to see a ground breaking project finally get the go ahead, if it goes well maybe it will inspire adventurous planning decisions. It's a shame we lost the Gehry buildings, and that Black Rock was stymied by the credit crunch, not mention the replacing of Brighton centre with a purpose built convention centre and a revamp of churchill square.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
More likely to flog off the wrought iron to Salvage Hunters for a quick buck like that disgusting woman from the West Pier 'Trust' did to the wrought iron from the West Pier.

You mean sell otherwise useless bits of rusty metal to idiots who wanted to own a bit of the city's heritage (er, like me)?

TheDolphinClub

Dec 31, 2015
That rotting carcass of the West Pier perfectly symbolises the suffocating influence of the NIMBYs and BANANAs this city has been held hostage to for generations.
So that architectural gems couold be built like the Brighton Centre, Kingswest, Bedford Hotel, Sussex Heights, The County Hospital tower, conway street blocks, edward st blocks, Stanley Theobold House, City College, The Pensions agency bldg in Edward St, etc, etc, etc. Yes Im sure we`d be much better off without planning consent or the input of conservation groups.

TheDolphinClub

Dec 31, 2015
Brightonians always overate their town.

It's Hastings, just a bit bigger. No different to any other shit British seaside resort .

Actually Brighton isnt as good as Hastings in many respects - the old town in hastings, the unspoilt coast to the east, caves, a norman castle, for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here