Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prey silence - for Her Majesty The Queen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I preferred the Christmas message when it was for the Empire and the dominions.

Those were the days

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Good old BBC World news!

IMG_6376.JPG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Republicism or anti monarchy sentiment growing by the year. I give them 100 years before they're out.

They've been saying that since William the Conquerer.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
They've been saying that since William the Conquerer.
Na this a modern age, kings and queens and their family living in luxury due to the hard working tax payer will probably end soon after the current queens reign ends.

William is a nice guy, but I am sure he will bow to the population wanting a change to the status quo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It clearly works well and the history of that family is the history of this fine country, the two are inseparable. I see no reason to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

God save the Queen.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It clearly works well and the history of that family is the history of this fine country, the two are inseparable. I see no reason to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

God save the Queen.
Why should God have a special preference to the Queen compared to the rest of the population?

I don't have anything against Elizabeth by the way.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Why should God have a special preference to the Queen compared to the rest of the population?

I don't have anything against Elizabeth by the way.

I think he's got a soft spot for all us British what with England being God's country but she's the leader so a much bigger target for the bad guys. We're just asking him to keep an extra eye out for her. And to be fair, he has done so far. He had a momentary lapse with the Trooping of the Colour in 81 and Michael Fagan in 82 but no harm done so we shouldn't hold that against him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Republicism or anti monarchy sentiment growing by the year. I give them 100 years before they're out.

There's no place for their nonsense in a modern world. Get rid.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Gawd bless her

I would agree with that if I -
A - believed in god or
B - thought any of them deserve the life style we pay for them to live in.

It would have been nice to see them open up the 2000 spare rooms we provide them with so some homeless people could get in out of the winter, and get a taste of the luxury this gang of parasites enjoy every day of the year.
Nice if they had opened up the royal kitchens and fed a few thousand ex service men and women, some old folk, some poor people instead of sitting around being waited on by their minimum wage kitchen staff, as they do every other day of the year.
As head of the church of England you would think she knew that Christmas was about giving not getting. I have never seen this bone idle family give anything even remotely comparable to riches they get.

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here