Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Chilwell

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or Football Rumours confirm it, surely!?
God no. Football Rumours is mostly nonsense, you need an expert like BG to interpret it for you, to sort the wheat from the chaff.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
There's an.element of both view points. If we're aiming for the premier league though, the markets we will be shopping in will involve premier league wages or at least wages above those we are used to paying.

Young players in PL sides are mostly affordable. A loan for the reast of the season is the best we can expect.

I had already heard good reports about his debut.from a Huddersfield fan.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well, I disagree. We should make a stand and do things the right way. We have already shown this season, so far, and two of the previous three seasons that you can get into the promotion mix that way. Why change now and risk the financial future?

If we do not compete for young talent, who wont expect a fortune, we will continue to be a maybe club.I know nothing about this player but if our recruitment staff think he is worth investing in I am happy with that. What we mustnt do is get caught out again as per the situation with GB and LR getting injured and having no effective cover.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully you are right. I would rather be a maybe club than a club that gets into financial difficulty because it spent beyond its means trying to get promoted.

You have to set the line between realistic wages we can afford and whatfoo top stars earn or rather demand. Did you realise the maximum wage for footballers has been shelved due to sterling work by Jimmy Hill, so they can now demand a wage commensurate with their ability.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just using figures if we valued him to be worth £8k per week and 6 other clubs rate him at between £10k and £12k we have 2 choices either match them or miss out on him and look else wherever if there are comparable players available. If not we miss out on perhaps a valuable signing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That is the last thing we should do. Paying Premier league wages outside the premier league will result in going bust and a plummet down the leagues. It has taken us nearly twenty years to get back to competing to be in the top flight again lets not just spunk our chances away. That is such a short sighted and, frankly, stupid thing to suggest.
Exactly which part of 'nearly twenty years' ago were we competing for a place in the top flight?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
'The argus understands that the 19 year old is not a main target'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here