Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done to those who stayed and clapped the team off.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More people should have stayed and clapped. No loyalty. Least that's my take today. From Norwich.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Got an autograph from Stockdale after the game and said something to him like "Bad luck today... One of those things...".

His response was to say "Now we need to go on another 21 game run". Gave the impression that the run and the applause in recognition of it meant quite a lot to him.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Well beaten today. Maybe not such a bad thing. Might show us what we need for the second half of the season. Boro were worthy winners so well done to them. They will surely be promoted this time.

Despite the result and our indifferent performance, I felt a great sense of pride towards the end of the match -when the result had long since been decided. And at the end of the 90 odd minutes, the collective realisation by many that this was THE time to stay and show our appreciation of the team and the club for a once in a generation run of results was heartfelt. The vocal support then was a great display of support and solidarity. It was quite a moment I thought. Only a shame that large numbers by then had already left.

Good post, I felt like it was great show of support from us, plenty had left but you sort of get the feeling that the genuine supporters were there to the end so therefore the singing and support spread around the ground quicker. You could see the players appreciated it. Why people leave early at 12.30 kick off is beyond me.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until the end.
I know people who I would consider greater supporter than myself who leave earlier the me and people who would be labelled by some as JCL's who leave after I have gone.

Bottom line - who gives a damn!!!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hang on a minute, I don't get this. I reply to someone that thinks you are not a Brighton fan if you are one of the 26.5k and leave before the players are clapped off and find that distressing. I reply to say they are entitled to do with their day what they want, and now there is abuse towards me for daring to suggest it? I have replied to those that have questioned my own Albionism (play on words - clever) and then I'm accused of being on here for hours? You little boys on here that have nothing better to do than abuse people from the safety of your keyboard seriously need to look yourselves in the mirror. I mean seriously.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I stay until the end.
I know people who I would consider greater supporter than myself who leave earlier the me and people who would be labelled by some as JCL's who leave after I have gone.

Bottom line - who gives a damn!!!
Will always be the exceptions that prove the rule but generally those leaving are JCL part time fans.

I give a damn partly because it makes us look tin pot on telly and partly because it confirms just how many JCL part timers are in The Amex. It will take a generation of relative success before we can fill it with genuine fans who don't leave early.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hang on a minute, I don't get this. I reply to someone that thinks you are not a Brighton fan if you are one of the 26.5k and leave before the players are clapped off and find that distressing. I reply to say they are entitled to do with their day what they want, and now there is abuse towards me for daring to suggest it? I have replied to those that have questioned my own Albionism (play on words - clever) and then I'm accused of being on here for hours? You little boys on here that have nothing better to do than abuse people from the safety of your keyboard seriously need to look yourselves in the mirror. I mean seriously.

Perhaps when you read the thread back with a sober head in the morning you will note the aggression in your posts (especially your opening one). Perhaps not, who knows.

KT17

Apr 19, 2014

Oh, phone the police, tell them how you've been abused...!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Perhaps when you read the thread back with a sober head in the morning you will note the aggression in your posts (especially your opening one). Perhaps not, who knows.

I like the twist on what I said, well done. I think whatever people think, I have already said, I am not aggressive, I just go to the point without fannying around, and so far 10 people have agreed with me (see page 1) so I can't be all wrong huh? I can't be arsed with those that think they are uber supporters and need to chest thump and say 'look at me'. With so many other threads, this is one of them. Why do some people need to feel they are better supporters than others? It beats me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here